(Favre haters will love this) Brett's recent playoff losses...

Nav22

Reaction score
Since 2002, Brett Favre's Packers are 2-5 in the playoffs.

And all 5 Green Bay losses can be attributed to either overall poor play by Brett Favre, or a terrible play in crunch-time by Brett Favre.

These include...

The 6 INTs and 53.5 QB rating @ St. Louis. (2002)

And the 2 INTs and 54.4 QB rating vs. Atlanta, at home. (2003)

And his INT to start off OT @ Philly. (2004)

And his 4 INTs and 55.4 QB rating vs. the 8-8 Vikings, at home. (2005)

And his INT to start off OT vs. the Giants, at home. (2008)

(Sidebar: his playoff overtime career stats are 0-2 for 2 INTs, both leading directly to losses)

And did I mention these playoff meltdowns all came since 2002???

I'm not a Favre hater by any means... I'm actually a big fan of the guy. But give me Troy Aikman and his steady nerves any day of the week come playoff time.

I just hope Romo learns to emulate Troy in the playoffs rather than Brett. There's a reason Troy has 3 rings and Favre's retiring with 1, and it's not just due to the supporting cast like people like to assume.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm not going to say that Favre wasn't a great player. But I've been somewhat underwhelmed with his playoff and Super Bowl record given how long he played. He's called the greatest QB of all time, but Elway took three overachieving-less-than-spectacular teams to the Super Bowl.

Maybe it's unfair to compare him with Elway seeing that Favre had to face the mighty Cowboys for much of the 90s, but, still, for the amount of praise he's receiving as "the greatest" I would expect him to have more than two Super Bowl appearances, and those with teams that were far better than the teams Elway took to the Super Bowl in his early career.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont hate Favre either... there have been plenty of times where he made a play and I was astounded.

But... he is given too much credit and not enough blame. Plain and simple.

fixed

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
His greatest achievement was the 250+ consecutive starts.

He is a HOF QB...but he's not top five...maybe not even top ten... mostly because of his interceptionitis in big spots.

He came into Texas Stadium and did it again this year.

sago1

Reaction score
Was totally surprised by Favre's play against us in late November. I thought he'd attack the middle of the field & occasionally take shots at Reeves. Instead he throw deep several times (even against Newman) and looked like the Favre who was determined to play this game his way just to prove he was the greatest & maybe even rid himself of the memory of those lost 90 playoff games in Dallas. Also think Favre has a super sized ego & probably resented so many comparisons between himself and the much younger Romo who played well in that game and within himself.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Juke99;1986717 said:
His greatest achievement was the 250+ consecutive starts.

He is a HOF QB...but he's not top five...maybe not even top ten... mostly because of his interceptionitis in big spots.

He came into Texas Stadium and did it again this year.

pretty much sums it up. I don't see how he gets into the top five. I'll have to think about where but definitely not top five. He's exciting as you never know what's next. But too much downside and not enough carpe diem.

montgod

Reaction score
...one thing we can all agree with is that we enjoyed watching and having Favre play the game of football.

Yes, I don't think he was as great as other analysts and experts say he was, but he was a joy to watch with his heart and playfulness. And you can't say that about many players. He had the respect and friendship of all that played with and against him. In that, I give him props and am sad to see him go.

As a QB, he was also extraordinary and played great with what he had. I couldn't say where he was ranked in history, but there is no question that he was a great qb in the nfl.

Yes, he may not have the accolades of Aikman and Aikman didn't get the same due when he retired, but they are two totally different types of players. Aikman was a professional and played the game as such compared to Favre who opened his heart to all and played the game as a kid would. Neither is wrong in how they played, but obviously, since more seemed to be a part of Favre's experience as a player, he would be revered more when he left the game.

I actually wish he didn't retire and played one more year. I always would rather the best competition for the Boys to play against so that there is no question who is the SB champ at the end of the year.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Awesome. Great ammo to use against the Farve centric mass populous.

He's a chokah. Farve is just lucky that he had Drew Bledsoe quarterbacking the Patriots, or he might not have ANY rings.