FB Marketplace seller doesn't respond

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I found a nice 2002 Ibanez acoustic guitar on FB Marketplace, so I wrote to the seller requesting that we meet so that I can check it out. It's a guitar that I'm likely to buy. If I found it to be in good shape, I would buy it. However, it's been a couple days, and she hasn't responded. I wrote back and suggested we meet in a public place, which is standard practice for everyone's safety. No response. You would think if it's already sold, she would remove the listing or at least write back.

I'm annoyed, but I guess it's time to move on. I won't die if I don't get that guitar. Maybe something's going on in her life. Her hubby got caught delivering meth via drones to prison courtyards or something. I know when I was selling a couple guitars on FBMP, I always responded quickly to an inquiry.

Maybe I shouldn't have written in this fake accent, "Gooood dee, Madam, I sink zat I vood leek to lwoowk et your geee-tah zum teem." Just kidding. I didn't really write like that.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
A reasonable person in this situation should look up the sellers address on property appraisers website, and then enter their home at 2am to get the guitar free of charge for the inconvenience.
LOL. That's a wonderful idea. I'm doing that. Thanks for the idea. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have used Reverb.com for sell a bunch of stuff and found t to be easy and reliable for the most part. There is a lot of cool gear on that site too. They have a 30 day return policy so you may not be able to inspect the guitar in advance of purchase but you still have 30 to return it if you do not like it.