FB question

JPostSam

Reaction score
why haven't we heard anything about lousaka polite?

i know that isn't as flashy a question to ask as whether or not drew henson is the real deal, or whether la'roi glover is happy. but wasn't polite supposed to pour it on during training camp? and hasn't darian barnes been just so-so?

not saying the sky is falling, by any means. just want to know: does anybody have an inkling as to how our fullbacks are doing, in general?

thanks.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Today was the first real mention of the FBs.

Barnes hurt his ankle a couple of days ago and tried to practice through it to no avail. BP finally decided to sit him out of practice in hopes to heal and said he will probably not play this weekend in Arizona.

Bickerstaff has also been moved to FB for a look but he also has sustained a minor injury (strained neck). BP said he too will probably not play in this week's game.

Polite has taken over the FB duties in Barnes' absence and BP said he looked good right now. He said also, "as a matter of fact, Polite did some really good things" during practice yesterday morning.
BP was asked if Polite was still a little overwhelmed by the size of the game as he was last year and BP said, "we'll see this weekend in Arizona."

It looks as though Polite will play as the primary FB this week against Cards so we should get a good look at him then. That said however, the FB seems to be becoming less of an important role on the Cowboys these days because of BP's affinity for TEs and 2-TE sets so there is a small chance that we may not even have a FB on the roster this year unless it is one who can play more of a TE kind of role.

I'm pulling for Polite and like what I've heard about him thus far. Plus I think Barnes is completely worthless.

JPostSam

Reaction score
thanks for the thorough look there, qwickdraw. i agree that the fullback is becoming less prominent. but i too am hoping that polite turns out to be a good find, and at the very least i'd be happy to hear that another position is set.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I cant imagine us with no FB. Even if we only keep one, which I would find hard to belive, we will have atleast one. Will be interesting to see how the FB battle turns out. Worth watching Sat. night.