FedEx Field = Cowboys Advantage

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
A lot of Cowboys road games have a way of turning into glorified mini Texas Stadiums, and even Washington is not immune. Cowboy Nation stretches perhaps wider than that of any other fan base in the NFL, and expect a great portion of the 90,000 at FedEx Field to be heard loud and clear through the television on Sunday night.

Such a thing happened the last time the Commanders played a home game, against the Steelers about two weeks ago. The Steelers fans were so numerous that at times you could swear there were actually more of them. Even the Commanders players noticed. Of course, Steeler nation has the similar type of fan base as the Cowboys - they're everywhere.

Michael Wilbon of The Washington Post wrote a good column on it for Thursday, and he expects a similar situation for Sunday night.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/05/AR2008110504343.html

- Mac Engel

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
In case anyone hasn't heard... to try and counter the lack of homefield advantage or pathetic fan showings, or the complete lack of emotion at fedex field, the skins are giving away their very own version of the terrible towel for the Sunday nights game against our 'Boys.

The first 50,000 fans will receive these towels. I'm sure at least 1/2 of the 50,000 will be Cowboy fans so consider it reusable toilet paper or sit on it to keep your tushy warm.

In my opinion they're a little late after getting pwned by the Steeler fan's.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
My hunch is that you will see fewer Cowboys fans at Fedex than at any time over the last decade. Fans were embarrassed about the Steelers game and haven't been selling their tickets in the same quantities.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I give Steeler fans their props. They support their team and it doesn't matter which stadium they play in.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2418078 said:
My hunch is that you will see fewer Cowboys fans at Fedex than at any time over the last decade. Fans were embarrassed about the Steelers game and haven't been selling their tickets in the same quantities.

I'd be inclined to agree with you. The Monday night debacle against the steelers combined with the general displeasure of most Cowboys fans, local or otherwise, might mean a less integrated crowd than usual at Fedex.

Rudy

Reaction score

A lot of the people on Craigslist, including the guy I bought ours from, ask if you are a Skins fan and have a higher price for Cowboy fans - or so they say. I can't lie, so I had one of the D-bag Skin Fans Im going with talk to the guy in person. So, I guess, making 20 more dollars off visiting fans makes it better?? I mean, the seats are still sold.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
Rudy;2418093 said:
A lot of the people on Craigslist, including the guy I bought ours from, ask if you are a Skins fan and have a higher price for Cowboy fans - or so they say. I can't lie, so I had one of the D-bag Skin Fans Im going with talk to the guy in person. So, I guess, making 20 more dollars off visiting fans makes it better?? I mean, the seats are still sold.
Hehe, that's twisted. Either you sell it to a cowboys fan or you don't. I can't make it to the game so I gave my tix to friends. I sold mine to the Steelers game and felt terrible about it afterwards, but it's expensive to buy season tickets and go to all the games. Especially when you have to fly in from Chicago like me.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
We haven't won in Fed-Ex since 2004. Advantage?

Yeah, we do have a chance to win this game. Let's not say it's overwhelming odds.

Temo

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have no room to say anything... I saw at least 20% of the stands against GB last year wearing cheese heads.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
maxsports;2418245 said:
I expect a ton of Cowboy fans. There are a ton of tickets out there for sale!!!!
Stubhub only has 393 available. Where are you finding the tix?

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
Hostile;2418281 said:
It's her career.
Yeah I got that from her sig. But usually there are a lot more available on stubhub, even after Wednesday when they cut off all the tickets that aren't at last minute centers, so I would expect every broker to have fewer tickets than normal.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2418285 said:
Yeah I got that from her sig. But usually there are a lot more available on stubhub, even after Wednesday when they cut off all the tickets that aren't at last minute centers, so I would expect every broker to have fewer tickets than normal.
A lot have been sold. also I saw a lot on Ebay.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
We won't represent as well as Steelers fans just because of the logistics. The Black-n-Gold (no, Zorn, not the Skins :D ) faithful had a few hours drive so that made it easier for them and it was said they came by the busload! It shouldn't matter because if I'm not mistaken we have a winning record in Dead-Ex anyways!!!