Feel any better about Gallup

Chasing6

Reaction score
Only 2 catches for 70 yards but they were big catches. Let's say he continues to improve and gets back close to where he was. Keep him?
Not really. He is a poor route runner. I only like him 1-1 on a fly pattern. Anything pattern that he needs to cut out, in or back towards the line of scrimmage is horrible.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Only 2 catches for 70 yards but they were big catches. Let's say he continues to improve and gets back close to where he was. Keep him?
Nice to see him go up and get one and make tough catches in tight coverage. That's his game.

Mark

Reaction score
The guys who work harder to run better routes & create separation generally get more balls thrown to them.

Gallup's no dummy, and well-knows he's on the hot-seat. Most intense competition at WR this year as I can ever recall on this team. Good for him for turning up and making clutch catches when his number was called tonight.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The guys who work harder to run better routes & create separation generally get more balls thrown to them.

Gallup's no dummy, and well-knows he's on the hot-seat. Most intense competition at WR this year as I can ever recall on this team. Good for him for turning up and making clutch catches when his number was called tonight.
Dummies get lazy after signing a big contract.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I feel better about seeing Brooks and Tolbert being given more opportunities and Cooks finally getting more looks.

Both his receptions were nice but he had almost no separation, however, it was good to see him go up and high point that pass from Rush.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Of course you feel better about Gallup. At least you should. First, he had Brandin Cooks open for over a hundred yards and CeeDee open for over 100. Well over, for both of them.

You don't do that if only one player on the field is doing his job. I look at our WRs as a group. You can target any one of them on any play, in almost any way. So, you can move them around. When we get into the playoffs, I want to see our WRs moving around in different formations so the opposition doesn't know where to stack their coverage.

The other thing is, Brooks also had some nice catches, which was good to see. I wanted to see him get involved and he was sharing reps with Gallup at times. It's all good, though. Our top 2 now have 100 yard games, so we know either one of them could do it. Like many of us said before, Brandin Cooks is a player. You just have to get him involved. You do that by getting him open when they don't know where to shift their coverages, etc.

McCarthy called a great game today. Outside of not taking the points early, I liked the variety he ran. But that's what we need: variety.

I'm not worried about Gallup, or Lamb, or Cooks, specifically. I want to see how they play as a group, as a team. Gallup is a baller. If you can't see that, you're probably just a blowhard.

Not to mention, he had the best grab in the game, for a TD.

plymkr

Reaction score
He had 2 good catches. Contested catches and one for a TD. I bashed him last week for dropping one in the first half so I got give him his respect for getting 2 contested grabs. To answer the title of the thread, Yes I feel better about him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

He'll be fine. He's just now getting it back. And he's finally getting it back. He's no dummy, but he's also a pretty good player, if he's fully healthy. And right around now is when he's just getting fully healthy. Gallup has a choppy stride, not as smooth with his feet as he could be. But that was also impacting his knee during his stride. I could see his leg was a little wobbly, from the injury.

Give the guy some time, and he'll be fine. He's getting better right now. People are bitter about last year when he was playing injured. I think he's just been a bit psyched out about his injury. Happens. He has to shake it off.

jrumann59

Reaction score
To be honest I am wait and see, that NYG secondary is terrible a lot of inexperience and probably ST guys playing

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The more weapons for our QB the better, that's all that matters and should matter