Feel any better about Gallup

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gallup is being pushed by Tolbert and Brooks. He had a couple of good catches. Everyone on our offense got involved except for Schoonmaker who’s looking more like a bust every week.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The more weapons for our QB the better, that's all that matters and should matter
Not over pass protection. Priority 1 has to be to protect your QB. They don't put red jerseys on weapons during training camp.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Gallup is being pushed by Tolbert and Brooks. He had a couple of good catches. Everyone on our offense got involved except for Schoonmaker who’s looking more like a bust every week.
Schoonmaker does look bad but he could develop.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Only 2 catches for 70 yards but they were big catches. Let's say he continues to improve and gets back close to where he was. Keep him?
Gonna take a lot more than that, but he made a couple of big catches

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He had a great TD grab, thats the Gallup we saw at his best. I still don't think he does a great job getting seperation, but it gives me hope if late in the season Dak tosses up a contested ball Gallup still has potential to come down with it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Schoonmaker does look bad but he could develop.
He could develop, but so far he’s been the worst of the TEs we’ve drafted in the second round. Anthony Fasano, Martellus Bennett, and even Gavin Escobar looked better their rookie year than Schoonmaker. Peyton Hendershot and Jake Ferguson looked better as rookies. One of the first things out of Mel Kiper’s mouth when we drafted Schoomaker was that he wasn’t much of a receiver and we’re seeing it. Can’t understand why we would use a second round pick on a TE who’s not a good receiver. Even his blocking hasn’t graded out real well. I hated the pick on draft day and I hate more every week.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Imagine if Noah Brown and Schultz was still on this roster?
Noah would be busied on the depth chart and not get any targets. Schulz would do what he did the last couple of years, catch some passes and be bad at blocking. That's why they let him get overpaid in Houston.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He could develop, but so far he’s been the worst of the TEs we’ve drafted in the second round. Anthony Fasano, Martellus Bennett, and even Gavin Escobar looked better their rookie year than Schoonmaker. Peyton Hendershot and Jake Ferguson looked better as rookies. One of the first things out of Mel Kiper’s mouth when we drafted Schoomaker was that he wasn’t much of a receiver and we’re seeing it. Can’t understand why we would use a second round pick on a TE who’s not a good receiver. Even his blocking hasn’t graded out real well. I hated the pick on draft day and I hate more every week.
I don't think it is necessarily a development from him. Dak built a relationship with Schultz over the years. Ferguson is a much better athlete in my opinion. It takes time to develop a relationship.

Trust is a funny thing. Some people give it immediately and for some you have to earn it over time. This includes the coaches calling their number, QB and the players performance.

We fell in love with Witten, rightfully so, and held on to him passed his prime. He will always be the bench mark, but since then we have been slow to recognize talent in Schultz and now Ferguson. It will also most likely delay Schoonmaker's success until year 4.

Reaction score
Reminds me of Harper back in the day. Not as good though. Good for a couple of looks a game. But can be a game breaker.

But not reliable for heavy work. Leave to to CD. Same as Irvin back in the day