Felix, faster than we think...

jbsg02

Reaction score
It's always weird to me when the supposed "FAST" players get ran down from behind from linebackers and such

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
dre1614;2270061 said:
Felix is the next Marshall Faulk

I don't expect Felix to be the Hall-of-Fame caliber guy Faulk was, but style was (in other words, a poor man's Faulk), I'm hopeful this is the guy he emulates.

Faulk would line up wide and run routes. I'd literally drool if we saw Felix doing that -- and doing it well -- in this offense.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2269279 said:
uhh, Stanback is faster than we thought...:eek:

exactly what i was thinking. dude kicked on the turbo's or something he was flying

Reaction score
theogt;2269285 said:
I really don't think he looks that much faster than his timed speed. He just has a quick burst, good vision, is decisive, and can change direction very well.

I dont either.... He runs a mid 4.4 and looks like it on the field. His vision and accleration make him look faster on the field in that his feet are always moving. Anyone here 'claiming' that he is faster than his time misinformed.

He might play fast on the field but he is a not a sub 4.4 guy.

He will never be the Marshall faulk type back with this team as long as Marion is here. His best bet is a Reggie Bush Comparison in the return game, catches out of the backfield and maybe the 10 carries a game.

But with that said... I have my Felix Jones Jersey on the way....

Everson24

Reaction score
proline;2269304 said:
When I watch Felix run, Tony Dorsett comes to mind.

I still think he reminds me of Gale Sayers. They both glide and seem to lose very little speed when making their cuts. Just real smooth but always fast.

Remember Sayers was a great kick returner too before his knee injury.

Iago33

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2270434 said:
I dont either.... He runs a mid 4.4 and looks like it on the field. His vision and accleration make him look faster on the field in that his feet are always moving. Anyone here 'claiming' that he is faster than his time misinformed.

He might play fast on the field but he is a not a sub 4.4 guy.

He will never be the Marshall faulk type back with this team as long as Marion is here. His best bet is a Reggie Bush Comparison in the return game, catches out of the backfield and maybe the 10 carries a game.

But with that said... I have my Felix Jones Jersey on the way....

Weird response. You're saying he runs a mid 4.4 and he looks like it. But the initial claim was based upon his combine time of mid 4.5. So, you just ignore that to disagree with the first poster?

PoetTree

Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, doing some deeper research on Felix Jones' 40-time I also found some pre-combine results from an Arkansas workout (as well as one post-combine workout with an NFL scout) which cite Felix as running between 4.34 and 4.39 in the 40.

So, as I said in my original post, maybe he just ran a bad time the day of the combine? Even though it was thought to be an unexpectedly slow time for Felix (pretty much everyone expected him to run a faster time), Jones stood on that time at Arkansas' pro-day and at almost every other workout he attended. Is it possible that he stood pat on a slower-than-expected time... in order to fall to Dallas as 22??

Because not only was he expected to run faster than 4.47, but he actually HAS on a few other occasions (more than a tenth of a second faster, in fact). So, aside from that one combine run, how different would you feel about Felix's speed knowing that he's run a 4.34 in the 40?

Would you guys who are saying he looks like he runs a 4.47... be saying something different?

'Cause, yeah, it appears he's actually faster than that....

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
PoetTree;2270776 said:
For anyone who's interested, doing some deeper research on Felix Jones' 40-time I also found some pre-combine results from an Arkansas workout (as well as one post-combine workout with an NFL scout) which cite Felix as running between 4.34 and 4.39 in the 40.

So, as I said in my original post, maybe he just ran a bad time the day of the combine? Even though it was thought to be an unexpectedly slow time for Felix (pretty much everyone expected him to run a faster time), Jones stood on that time at Arkansas' pro-day and at almost every other workout he attended. Is it possible that he stood pat on a slower-than-expected time... in order to fall to Dallas as 22??

Because not only was he expected to run faster than 4.47, but he actually HAS on a few other occasions (more than a tenth of a second faster, in fact). So, aside from that one combine run, how different would you feel about Felix's speed knowing that he's run a 4.34 in the 40?

Would you guys who are saying he looks like he runs a 4.47... be saying something different?

'Cause, yeah, it appears he's actually faster than that....

I saw that too on the Arkansas site, but you have to figure they are gonna put the best possible time down for a player. It could have been done w/ a stopwatch which would cause the disparity.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There are at least two guys for sure whose speed translates to the football field--or even better. They are Chris Johnson and Felix Jones. Johnson's speed--by accounts--is beyond sick. Felix's is certainly better than advertised.

So often you see those 40 times not translating to the field. In these two case, they most certainly do.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Bungarian;2269253 said:
Seems like a wasted post.

I think this is a great post -- I did not realize the dude chasing him had that forty time. I love me some Felix! And running with a ball in your hand has to slow you down considerably, you cannot pump both arms.

We are dangerous. Last year's team with the addition of Felix Jones, Pacman Jones and Zach Thomas (and I truly believe, a more dominant Owens).

I mean, are you kidding me? If this defense starts to gel as I think it will, we are going to put a hurting on all the teams we face.

VirusX

Reaction score
I thought Felix would be a top 15 back eventually in this league but I didnt think he would be this impressive this early.. I would still love to have DMac or Mendy but felix is one hell of a RB.

I take back a few of the things I said about Jerry on draft day :laugh2: