Felix is way better...

juck

Reaction score
half the carries and almost the same yardage as Mendenhall.Some of u are blind.This guy was a backup and this good.wow.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
One thing most people arent realizing is that Mendenhall WAS a one year wonder. Only had ONE great year in college.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Felix is a much better Receiver, Blocker and a Great Kickoff Returner. Mendenhall is this Board's Pet Cat.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
juckie;2055215 said:
half the carries and almost the same yardage as Mendenhall.Some of u are blind.This guy was a backup and this good.wow.

And in a way tougher conference to!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
juckie;2055215 said:

In addition to the above, Felix played in the much tougher SEC

juck

Reaction score
Felix averaged 9 yards a carry thats insanity!!!

Hong2221

Reaction score
juckie;2055309 said:
Felix averaged 9 yards a carry thats insanity!!!

have you watched all of his games? have you looked at this guy besides his stupid 9 ypc avg? have you seen him break tackles and have good vision to see and utilize his blocks? the man basically out speed everyone in college and ran past tired defenses after a great back like mcfadden tired them out. come on, this man will not do the same in the nfl, look at reggie bush and how great he was in college! what happened when he went into the pros?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Hong2221;2055328 said:
have you watched all of his games? have you looked at this guy besides his stupid 9 ypc avg? have you seen him break tackles and have good vision to see and utilize his blocks? the man basically out speed everyone in college and ran past tired defenses after a great back like mcfadden tired them out. come on, this man will not do the same in the nfl, look at reggie bush and how great he was in college! what happened when he went into the pros?

In his defense (and yes I was pissed we passed on Mendenhall), If Jones=Reggie Bush, I'll take it.

Considering Bush was taken #2 overall and Jones was had with a #22 pick.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Hong2221;2055328 said:

and barber can play that role now. I'll admit i wasn't super excited to see Jones name called, but if we use him properly with marion we could see a pretty lethal backfield.

cnhnyy

Reaction score
That is why I am pissed that we passed Mendenhal. Felix Jones is strictly a BACKUP. When MBIII leaves or, God forbidden, is injured, we still need to find a No.1 RB.

J Charles would have filled the purpose of drafing a backup RB, with a much less price tag.

Hong2221

Reaction score
cnhnyy;2055365 said:
That is why I am pissed that we passed Mendenhal. Felix Jones is strictly a BACKUP. When MBIII leaves or, God forbidden, is injured, we still need to find a No.1 RB.

J Charles would have filled the purpose of drafing a backup RB, with a much less price tag.

this is the exact same thing that i'm trying to tell these . listen, i am only comparing him to bush, but in NO WAY can I say he'll be as good. but that IS his purpose of being picked up! Who says Barber is just as good as Mcfadden? They're both different type of backs.

so lets see, what can we do tommorow in the draft? we better not pick up another linebacker..........

Ken

Reaction score
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4miK7GnuSAI&feature=related

This is a very impressive highlight film. I think, just based on highlights i've seen, he will be better in the pros than McFadden.

This guy just runs away from people. GREAT vision. Versatile and can catch. I think this guy could be more than "strictly a backup" too. 205 is not small....if Westbrook/Dunn/Bell/etc... can do it at their size, i don't see why he can't.

Like Wade said, he is built like Thurman Thomas, I see that...

Hong2221

Reaction score
Ken;2055569 said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4miK7GnuSAI&feature=related

This is a very impressive highlight film. I think, just based on highlights i've seen, he will be better in the pros than McFadden.

This guy just runs away from people. GREAT vision. Versatile and can catch. I think this guy could be more than "strictly a backup" too. 205 is not small....if Westbrook/Dunn/Bell/etc... can do it at their size, i don't see why he can't.

Like Wade said, he is built like Thurman Thomas, I see that...

if you think a guy can just run away from people in the pro, you need to turn on your lights. you don't compare him to westbrook...

elcocinero

Reaction score
Hong2221;2055424 said:
this is the exact same thing that i'm trying to tell these idiots. listen, i am only comparing him to bush, but in NO WAY can I say he'll be as good. but that IS his purpose of being picked up! Who says Barber is just as good as Mcfadden? They're both different type of backs.

so lets see, what can we do tommorow in the draft? we better not pick up another linebacker..........
Dude lay off other people. Felix is going to add a dimension to our team that we dont have right now. We still have a #3 running back spot available just in case MBIII goes down.

A running back can be had in the 5th, 6th or 7th round that can come in and start right away. Look at Green Bay.

Hong2221

Reaction score
elcocinero;2055593 said:
Dude lay off other people. Felix is going to add a dimension to our team that we dont have right now. We still have a #3 running back spot available just in case MBIII goes down.

A running back can be had in the 5th, 6th or 7th round that can come in and start right away. Look at Green Bay.

but come on! @ 22? we could've had way better value for our 1st round picks if we did something else with it!

BHendri5

Reaction score
Ok, all you mendenhall folks, answer this question, why is it that a guy that did not even get drafted last season kept mendenhall on the bench?

Hong2221

Reaction score
BHendri5;2055668 said:
Ok, all you mendenhall folks, answer this question, why is it that a guy that did not even get drafted last season kept mendenhall on the bench?

who knows? i wasn't on mendenhall's bandwagon

elcocinero

Reaction score
Hong2221;2055608 said:
but come on! @ 22? we could've had way better value for our 1st round picks if we did something else with it!
Im just curious who you thought the better value was at #22 was if you areent on the Mendenhall bandwagon? I mean we still got Jenkins at #25..