Felix is way better...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Danny White;2055991 said:
3) I noticed on a number of carries, McFadden was in the backfield as well. It'd be really cool to see some formations next year with both MBIII and Felix in the backfield together. No way for the offense to key in on one guy or the other.!

Can Barber run the WildHog? :eek::

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
And the one thing you have to remember, Arkansas had no QB, seriously. The only offensive weapons were Darren and Felix.

btcutter

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2056077 said:
For the 1000th time, just what in the hell do you think Mendenhall would've been if we had taken him? Barber's backup!!!! Jones is not. He'll be used in many more ways in the offense and as a kick returner. Much, much more value.

You don't use a 1st rounder to return kickoffs if at all possible....simply too risky (injuries). You draft a 3rd or below RB/return man to return kicks and be a 3rd down back.

How do you know whoever we draft will be backing up Barber? Maybe Barber will remain to be the backup that's why a long term contract is not done. Maybe Barber price himself out of Cowboy's market and we need an everydown back?

You draft 1st rounders hoping he'll be a starter someday not just to return kicks and be a backup RB.

This reminds me of drafting a RB to back Emmitt....total failure.

Oh, the TE pick.....trade down.....pick another CB...WR...LB......for crying out loud.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Now you're thinking outside the box. Perfect for earth day.

ninja;2056224 said:
I have never seen Felix Jones play. After seeing this highlight film, I'm glad he's a Cowboy. Tough call: Mendenhall or Felix Jones.

And maybe Jerry Jones likes his last name. Or maybe Jerry felt bad for all those with Julius Jones jerseys. Give Felix the same # as Julius and the Jerseys can still be used. Jerry may have been thinking envionmentally: reuse the same jersey, save the earth.

Ken

Reaction score
MONT17;2056213 said:
Can someone tell me when the last time a first round draft pick was used on Kick off return.... I will laugh my butt off if I see Felix returning kicks! No I take that back i will be holding my breath... this is the NFL folks not the SEC where walkons, Redshirts and 3 star recruits play Teams!

this is just me thinking out of the box, but MB3 started 1 game last year... we lost that game because he had no legs in the second half!

It would stand to reason that u would keep Mb3 in his role and find someone to replace JuJo! MB3 has shown that his running style is more effective after the team gets to the red zone!!!
In the last three years...

Pac Man Jones
Justin Miller
Deangelo WIlliams (Not sure if he was a first though)
Lawrence Maroney
Santonio Holmes
Ted Ginn Jr.
Adrian Peterson

Were all used for returning kicks as 1st round rookies.

Ken

Reaction score
btcutter;2056282 said:
You don't use a 1st rounder to return kickoffs if at all possible....simply too risky (injuries). You draft a 3rd or below RB/return man to return kicks and be a 3rd down back.

How do you know whoever we draft will be backing up Barber? Maybe Barber will remain to be the backup that's why a long term contract is not done. Maybe Barber price himself out of Cowboy's market and we need an everydown back?

You draft 1st rounders hoping he'll be a starter someday not just to return kicks and be a backup RB.

Oh, the TE pick.....trade down.....pick another CB...WR...LB......for crying out loud.

See above post and those were quick searches that were not exhaustive.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
btcutter;2056282 said:

Oh really? Let's see, we've used Newman to return punts which is much tougher than returning KOs. We also used Deion as a punt returner when he was here and I seem to remember him being a pretty vital piece of our team at that time. I'm just saying...

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Felix Jones also played against weary defenses at the end of games. Lets try to be as objective as possible and not be homers here; Mendelhall is similar in style to MBIII I will agree with that, though.

adamknite

Reaction score
BouncingCheese;2056507 said:
Felix Jones also played against weary defenses at the end of games. Lets try to be as objective as possible and not be homers here; Mendelhall is similar in style to MBIII I will agree with that, though.

For what it's worth, 57% of Felix's runs came in the first half of games.

sinner

Reaction score
Hong2221;2055588 said:
if you think a guy can just run away from people in the pro, you need to turn on your lights. you don't compare him to westbrook...

I don't doubt that he can out-run some defenses. My concern is whether he can recognize a NFL hole when it appears. He didn't have that problem in the SEC, but as we all know, the NFL is a whole different animal.

The Curly One

Reaction score
Sure Mike Mayok (sp?) said good things about Felix Jones but he is also the same one who ranked Mendenhall at number 10 and Jones at number 28. So obviously he felt Mendenhall was a better player?
I am not saying Jones is not a good player but wouldn't Mendenhall be better?
If not why? If those analyists are right then we might have made a big mistake.
Plus we picked twice in the first round and we passed over a BUNCH of VERY good recievers. I think that might have been a mistake.
Still I do not understand why we passed over number 10 ranked RB to get number 28 ranked RB?
I just think those analyists had Mendenhall picked as the 10th best player in the draft for a reason.
The way I see it SOMEONE is way off, either the people who rank the players or us for not picking the highest ranked player. I would just hate to see Jones be a decent backup player while Mendenhall be the leading rusher in the NFL next year and know we should have picked him.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
BouncingCheese;2056507 said:
Felix Jones also played against weary defenses at the end of games.

That's not how they were used. It wasn't McFadden in the first half and Felix in the second half. It wasn't run McFadden till he passes out, then give him a breather with Felix. They were used together often and they used Felix often enough that McFadden was always fresh, so the tired defense thing makes no sense.