Felix Jones/Darren McFadden

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
No doubt whatsoever that Jones is a VERY good RB, but if you look closely, you'll see that a lot of his yards come with McFadden in the game, after a fake to McFadden.

NOT ALL HIS YARDS come this way, but a lot of them.

Point being, when McFadden gets the ball, the D is always focused on him. When Jones gets the ball, the D is sometimes focused on McFadden.

One thing about McFadden though, his legs are a bit too small. He needs to get in the weight room and work on his legs, but keep up the running and stretching to insure he doesn't lose his quickness and speed.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed, Jones gets a lot more outside runs and McFadden gets most of the inside runs. I'd like to see McFadden get more outide runs.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1742059 said:
No doubt whatsoever that Jones is a VERY good RB, but if you look closely, you'll see that a lot of his yards come with McFadden in the game, after a fake to McFadden.

NOT ALL HIS YARDS come this way, but a lot of them.

Point being, when McFadden gets the ball, the D is always focused on him. When Jones gets the ball, the D is sometimes focused on McFadden.

One thing about McFadden though, his legs are a bit too small. He needs to get in the weight room and work on his legs, but keep up the running and stretching to insure he doesn't lose his quickness and speed.

uh, maybe because McFadden is the guy, the #1 back, the Heisman candidate

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
we'd be blessed to get either of them in April

McFadden is the best RB in college football, and Jones is probably the 2nd best back...not only do they both have great production in an elite football conference, both have tremendous physical talent and can do alot of things other than just run the ball

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;1742059 said:

he runs with incredible power as it is...th guy can run through tackles, run over people and drag guys...he's very impressive

and he can catch the ball, return kicks AND throw...I'd love to land this guy next yr...he's easily the best player in college football IMO

David

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Junior.

Good chance he isn't coming out. If he stays at Ark. he will be "the" man there next year, and in his eyes, raise his draft stock.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I'm very high on McFadden too, but y'know, Jones would be a terrific complement to a Marion Barber... the Lightning to the Barberian's Thunder...

Alas, it doesn't look like the Boys will be able to draft McFadden, and as others have noted, Felix looks likely to stay in school another year... so maybe a bit later in the draft, the Boys could look to a Jamaal Charles from Texas... or VERY late in the draft, perhaps even as an undrafted rookie free agent, I'd propose taking a look at Marcus Thomas from UTEP...

I know that Charles has fumbled a bit this year, but this is a first for him... I also remember that when Selvin Young was splitting time with Charles, he was known to Horns fans (not affectionately) as "Godd*mnit, Selvin", for all HIS fumbles, and he's turning out to be pretty good for the Broncos...

Jamaal has serious home run potential, and the numbers he's put up this year are even more impressive when you factor in this is one of the weaker Horns' offensive lines in some time... for sure, he has the pure speed to be a nice complement to Marion...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If we were to draft Jamaal Charles at any time before the 5th round, I will hurt someone.

I know you don't want to hear it, SB, but you're Horns Love is blinding you a little bit with Charles. He's not horrible, but he's not great either. Certainly not worth a 4th round (or better) pick IMO.

silverbear

Reaction score
Rack;1742317 said:
If we were to draft Jamaal Charles at any time before the 5th round, I will hurt someone.

I know you don't want to hear it, SB, but you're Horns Love is blinding you a little bit with Charles. He's not horrible, but he's not great either. Certainly not worth a 4th round (or better) pick IMO.

Actually, 5th round or so sounds about right to me...

It's not Horns Love talkin' anyway, Rack, there aren't many draft-eligible Horns this year that I'd want the Boys to draft... didn't want them drafting Selvin Young last year, either... but Charles has the outside speed to be a near-perfect complement to the pounding running style of Marion Barber... if the Cowboys can't manage to draft a franchise-type back (McFadden) this year, I want them looking for a Steve Slaton or a Jamaal Charles, a pure speed back, that complement to the Barberian...

I'd take Michael Turner in free agency, though...

silverbear

Reaction score
I'm thinkin' I wouldn't want to watch the draft with you, Rack, with all the hurling you apparently do after the Cowboys pick... gotta think that would make for an unpleasant viewing experience... :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear;1745994 said:
I'm thinkin' I wouldn't want to watch the draft with you, Rack, with all the hurling you apparently do after the Cowboys pick... gotta think that would make for an unpleasant viewing experience... :D

Hey everything works out just fine as long as they take who I want them to take. :D