Felix Jones Must Start

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
I love Barber and he's a BEAST in the 4th quarter, but I couldn't believe the stat they showed on him, he was 1st in the NFL last season for 4th quarter rushing yards and now he's 32nd, that's 1st to last and you have to wonder if he's getting a little moworn down in the 4th quarter then he woudl be normally, he's STILL A BEAST as we saw tonight, but I think starting Felix gives us more big play ability early on and gives Felix more plays which I want to see with his 9 yard per carry average and also keep Barber a lot fresher in the 4th quarter.

Ender

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2424040 said:
I love Barber and he's a BEAST in the 4th quarter, but I couldn't believe the stat they showed on him, he was 1st in the NFL last season for 4th quarter rushing yards and now he's 32nd, that's 1st to last and you have to wonder if he's getting a little moworn down in the 4th quarter then he woudl be normally, he's STILL A BEAST as we saw tonight, but I think starting Felix gives us more big play ability early on and gives Felix more plays which I want to see with his 9 yard per carry average and also keep Barber a lot fresher in the 4th quarter.

Shut up......

Temo

Reaction score
You know how you rack up a lot of 4th quarter yards? When your team is ahead and trying to grind out the clock. That hasn't happened recently. It did today. Look at the results.

SlwSVT

Reaction score
Being up 10+ points last year going into the 4th quarters is the main reason he had more yards. We have 4 losses in our first 9 games, we did not have the big leads like last year. Look how tonight panned out. We had the lead in the 4th and our D got us the ball, so we could run it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Temo;2424060 said:
You know how you rack up a lot of 4th quarter yards? When your team is ahead and trying to grind out the clock. That hasn't happened recently. It did today. Look at the results.
Exactly. You beat me to it.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
Temo;2424060 said:

i agree with you 100% on that we have never really been ahead tell him check back over the next few weeks when we have more leads

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think Felix coming back is going to turbo charge the Offense. No doubt Romo is not 100% at all. Kosier being back helped. Texas Roy at #2 WR helped. Witten's broken ribs affect him but Bennett stepped up.

No one wants to play us in the playoffs this year. Dave in NC is going to pay me my dollar. I am on a betting roll. :D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2424040 said:

Yeah lets not factor in the fact that we've not played with a lead like this but one time in the last several weeks. The Tampa game was the only game since Greenbay that we've had a 4th quarter lead to grind out yards like that and get W's.

It's a little hard for Barber to grind out yards like that when you're needing big plays to beat the Bengals, to just get back into the game against the Cards, and you're getting blown out in the 4th by the Rams and the Giants.

But, yeah, clearly it's all because Barber is too tired.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's not about Barber starting or not. It's just that the coaches should use the other RBs(Felix-Choice) more early in the games to keep Barber fresh for later in the games.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Jones doesnt need to start to keep Barber fresh in the 4th. Just get felix involved a lot earlier in the game instead of waiting till the 2nd quarter or past half time like we did at times early in the season!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I agree. Dallas and NYG are the scariest teams out there. Wish I didn't have to say NY but I have to. They won't want to play us though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who starts. It matters about playing time.

Felix needs more time in the game and that will allow Barber to be more fresh in the 2nd half.

Starting him wont make a difference if he only gets 8 plays.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jones just needs touches. He needs more passes than runs IMO. 5-10 runs and 5-10 passes plus KOs.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

Well ....... Bye

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2424135 said:
It doesn't matter who starts. It matters about playing time.

Felix needs more time in the game and that will allow Barber to be more fresh in the 2nd half.

Starting him wont make a difference if he only gets 8 plays.

That's basically what I was saying, but wanted to title it to get the point across, doesn't matter TECHNICALLY who starts the game.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I agree with the notion of having more of a RB rotation as it will let Barber be Barber when we need him to be Barber.

Adding Felix will also open up more downfield opportunities in the passing game which should lead to some more quick scores.