Felix Jones was not drafted as a RB

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Really people need to stop looking at Felix Jones as a RB, because I don't view him as much as I do as an athlete. I was envisioning Dallas useing Felix Jones as more of a Reggie Bush (Percy Harvin) type of role. Line him up in the slot, at RB, returning kicks, anywhere and everywhere to get the ball in his hands.

Tashard Choice is our backup RB, Felix Jones will be a starting athlete. And get starter quality minutes.

sbark

Reaction score
In the Wes Welker mode......blended w/ a Little R. Bush.....and topped off with some Preston Pearson...........

I'll add in some Emmitt Lead Draw out of the shotgun as a side dish

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Sweeps, draws, slot receiver, screens. These are what he's for.

ddh33

Reaction score
I completely agree.

I'm so sick of the phrase, but Felix Jones was the wow player. He can help you score points in a lot of different ways, and he really worries opposing defenses. Did you hear all of the football guys talking about how much teams were going to worry about stopping Dallas next year?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Felix Jones is a Swiss Army Knife.

He is a man of all trades. He can do anything.

Marion Barber is a machete.

Smith22

Reaction score
Our offense will be very hard to stop. Now if we could somehow steal a vet WR from someone.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2057977 said:
Felix Jones is a Swiss Army Knife.

He is a man of all trades. He can do anything.

Marion Barber is a machete.
Barber is a chainsaw. With a laser mounted on top.

Eskimo

Reaction score
We can do a lot of interesting things now that we have a RB with WR skills and possibly two TEs that can both block and be threats in the receiving game.

We can go 2 WR, 2TE, 1 RB: We can then split Witten and Felix out wide to give a 4 receiver look.

We could go 2 WR, 1TE, 2 RB look and then split Felix out or Felix and Witten out leaving Barber in the backfield.

It could really make defenses struggle about what to do: go to a nickle and have mismatches in the running game and stay base and have mismatches in the passing game.

It'll be interesting to see what Garrett does this year as this offense is now much more versatile than it was last year.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Eskimo;2058027 said:
We can do a lot of interesting things now that we have a RB with WR skills and possibly two TEs that can both block and be threats in the receiving game.

We can go 2 WR, 2TE, 1 RB: We can then split Witten and Felix out wide to give a 4 receiver look.

We could go 2 WR, 1TE, 2 RB look and then split Felix out or Felix and Witten out leaving Barber in the backfield.

It could really make defenses struggle about what to do: go to a nickle and have mismatches in the running game and stay base and have mismatches in the passing game.

It'll be interesting to see what Garrett does this year as this offense is now much more versatile than it was last year.

We wouldn't have had this versatility with Mendenhall. Fact is this is a lot better fit for us than Mendenhall is.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
So they invented a new position just for Felix eh? ;)

I'm warming up to him, but let's not pretend he's going to reinvent football.

Eskimo

Reaction score
TheCount;2058039 said:

Other teams have done it before, but we might have collected a good group of players to do it better than anyone else has before. A lot depends on whether Bennett can be a complete TE who can block and be a threat in the passing game. Fasano was just way too stiff and not a good enough athlete to draw any respect in the passing game. The real kick in the teeth was that he wasn't even that great of a blocker either. He was a reach by BP because he fit the type of player Parcells likes. He didn't fit what I think Garrett wanted at the TE position.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;2058039 said:

No, it's the same type of role that Bush had at New Orleans with McAllister. Did anyone criticize them for taking a part time player #2 overall?

SMCowboy

Reaction score
TheCount;2058039 said:

No, the ATHLETE is a very well known position in football. Think of how New Orleans used Reggie Bush his rookie year, that is HOW we will use Felix Jones this year. The issue with Reggie Bush was not that he is not a valuable player, he is. The issue is that the Saints didn't get a backup RB to take the load off of Reggie Bush.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;2058069 said:
No, it's the same type of role that Bush had at New Orleans with McAllister. Did anyone criticize them for taking a part time player #2 overall?

I know plenty of Saint fans, and when they took Reggie, they thought he was a franchise player and would replace Deuce eventually. They didn't figure they'd actually need both guys. Trust me, I rib them every chance I get for spending a 2nd rounder on a backup.

SMCowboy;2058082 said:
No, the ATHLETE is a very well known position in football. Think of how New Orleans used Reggie Bush his rookie year, that is HOW we will use Felix Jones this year. The issue with Reggie Bush was not that he is not a valuable player, he is. The issue is that the Saints didn't get a backup RB to take the load off of Reggie Bush.

If we can use Felix like Reggie, then more power to us. I'd love to see it.

But the Saints have Pierre and had Stecker, both of whom ran well when given the chance. If the Saints could do it over, they probably wouldn't have spent a #2 overall on a guy that can't run inside, they thought he was the next Faulk and right now he's not even the next Westbrook.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SMCowboy;2057913 said:
Really people need to stop looking at Felix Jones as a RB, because I don't view him as much as I do as an athlete. I was envisioning Dallas useing Felix Jones as more of a Reggie Bush (Percy Harvin) type of role. Line him up in the slot, at RB, returning kicks, anywhere and everywhere to get the ball in his hands.

Tashard Choice is our backup RB, Felix Jones will be a starting athlete. And get starter quality minutes.

If thats how they want to use him the Chris Johnson is superior to him in each aspect.