Ferguson’s Rumble

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Dak has improved. Our TEs and WRs used to practice sliding catches, and catches where they had to jump in the air and twist around like a cat to catch the ball only to be slobber-knocked when they landed.

Now Dak is hitting the guys in stride - HUGE DIFFERANCE MAN!!! :)
I'm proud of Dak.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Ferg is the new Wittin. A shout out to Ceede for his willing and effective blocking.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
if he realizes CeeDee is there and gets around him... Cooks is downfield blocking.... Ferguson could have potentially taken that to the house.

GMO415

Reaction score

The Eagles wanted no part of this guy.

Straight Alpha on the field.

Sets the tone. A total throwback who can dominate in any era.

He will crush in the playoffs!

This dude is gonna have huge career for us!

Go Cowboys!

Agreed. Great post.

Now, if we're not planning to run a dominate 2 TE offense like NE when they had Gronk and Hernandez, we wasted a pick on Shoemaker.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Philly fans and probably a few of our own fans, thought getting Goedert back was going to do those type of things to us. :lmao2:

Did he even have any receptions that amounted to anything.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
And Philly fans and probably a few of our own fans, thought getting Goedert back was going to do those type of things to us. :lmao2:

Did he even have any receptions that amounted to anything.
Yeah, but his name's Dallas and he hates the Cowboys. Media can't stop telling me that so it has to count for something right?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Ferguson has been a fun player to watch. Several of us touted the Ferguson pick from day one and urged patience with him. Ferguson was completely miscast at Wisconsin but you could see the potential. Jake is the grandson of Barry Alvarez, a life long Wisconsin fan, and there was never any doubt where he'd play his college ball...even though he didn't really fit. Wisconsin was a a heavy run based team where Ferguson was mainly asked to block and he wasn't able to showcase his talent or his football pedigree. His time in that scheme made him a stronger blocker, but his time in the Cowboys scheme has showcased his brain, his brawn, and his athleticism as well.

Schoonmaker comes from a similar situation. Mr. Football for Hamden Hall he played QB, TE, WR, and CB. He was an outstanding athlete coming into the Michigan program, but again he came into a heavy run based scheme where his talent wasn't on display. I'm not into grading rookies because they are what they are, boys playing with men. I'd just suggest that people be patient with Schoon while he adapts to one of the hardest positions to play in the NFL. Ferguson had 19 receptions and 2 TDs as a rookie. Schoon has 7 receptions and 2 TDs as a rookie and still has 4 games left to improve.

Dallas had a plan and the plan was a combo of Dalton Schultz and Jake Ferguson. Schultz threw a wrench in the plans when he left for Houston. That left Dallas scrambling for an answer at TE2 and a strong TE class in 2023 was where they chose to address the issue. I'm sure Dallas had multiple TEs rated above Schoon including LaPorta and Kincaid that we know of, but they stuck to their plan and took the next highest rated TE on their board. You can call it a reach, you can say he could have been had in a later round, and you can say there were better players on the board but that's all just conjecture. That fact is though that Dallas had a plan and stuck to it. Time will tell if the plan pans out. I personally think we've got our TE1 and TE2 for the foreseeable future.