Twitter: Fight breaks out in practice Sims vs. Dunbar, others involved

Nirvana

Reaction score
Per twitter

1. Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr18m
    Defense knocked ball loose on back to back plays after scuffle

Expand
  2. David Helman ‏@HelmanDC18m
    Kiffin just gave a little pep talk to a clearly agitated Sims during cool down time.

Expand

3. View media
  4. Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins18m
    Got our first bout of camp Ernie sims vs lance Dunbar. A few punches thrown and a flag by the back judge

Expand
  5. Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez18m
    First fight of camp. Looks like the whole team. Even Romo wandered in there for a look. Didn't last long.

Expand
  6. David Helman ‏@HelmanDC18m
    WE GOT OUR FIRST SCUFFLE! Ernie Sims smacked Dunbar and Dunbar DID NOT like it. Both sides scrum it up. Nothing major.

Expand
  7. Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr18m
    First fight of camp It's all good

Expand
  8. Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman19m
    I love how when we have a little scuffle at practice that gets about 15 players involved .. The ref in the back throws a flag ... Thanks

Expand
  9. One Cool Customer ‏@OCC4419m
    FIGHT!

Expand

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That just means these guys are working their butts off and are really wanting to hit something meaningful. I like it

Nirvana

Reaction score
from article:

Running back Lance Dunbar didn’t like the way linebacker Ernie Sims slung him to the ground, and everybody rushed into separate them.

“I was trying to finish my run, and he slung me down,” Dunbar said. “It’s been happening all camp. I’ve been letting it slide.”

And it took this long to get worked up?

“Yeah. I don’t have a temper,” Dunbar said. “It takes a lot to push me, to get me going. But when I’m mad, I’ll stand up for myself.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ny-ive-been-letting-it-sli.html#storylink=cpy

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I watched it happen as I was at TC today. It was nothing more than your average training camp scuffle. Sims wrapped up Dunbar after no gain and the play was basically dead when Sims just lifted Dunbar off the ground and dropped him for some reason. Dunbar immediately popped back up and shoved Sims in the face mask and then grabbed his face mask as Sims began shoving back at Dunbar's face. The players broke it up after about a 5 second scuffle. No big deal, really.