Figures of Speech That Should Disappear Forever

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Messages
69,656
Reaction score
80,886
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"We all know." Harry didn't know that. Right Harry? See? He didn't know. What should we all know?

"You know what I'm saying." Sorry. My telepathy's on the fritz today. Say again?

"I'm starving." Are you sure? Nothing about you screams emaciation.
 
It's raining cats and dogs - What a horrific event that would be. Umbrellas wouldn't help at all, rain gutters and down spouts would be completely clogged with fur, and I can't even fathom what a flash flood would look like.

Cost you an arm and a leg - That seems steep.

They're gonna poop a brick - Are we talking adobe, cinder, concrete, or clay? Details matter when discussing passing a rectangular porous block.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,201
Messages
14,672,188
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top