Video: Film review of Dak Prescott, Tyron and Williams was impressive. vs Bengals

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think Dak is a lot better when he gets rid of the ball to his first read. Three step drop, plant and throw. When he doesn't, that is when he gets into trouble.

I really like Dak. However, when he scrambles I hate how he leaves the ground running to throw those passes. They end up being inaccurate at times and off target. If he scrambles he just needs to wait for the open man to come to him. Just like that pass to Williams in the endzone. He was posed and didn't panic.

Dak played a good game. He can certainly be better. Maybe just wait a split second or two for the man to get open. That way the receiver can move to an open area and he can hit them on the run.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Why won't it work???? As long as the team moves the chains and outscores the opposing team, who cares? Dak looks polished. His screen to Rod smith was insane how he handled the pressure.

It does not work. It is a reflection of your yards gained per play and those averages don't work in the NFL. They never have. Now if you could get 5.7 every play then yes obviously the math plays out, but the odds don't. Just like 3.4 yards per carry avg does not get you down the field every drive.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I thought Dak played fine but 5.7 YPA is not going to get it done on a consistent basis.
And that was inflated by the Rod Smith catch and run.
Why won't it work???? As long as the team moves the chains and outscores the opposing team, who cares?
Nobody cares, it just doesn't work in the NFL consistently. That approach is how you end up with three straight games scoring 7, 9 and 6 points.

5.7 ypa would have tied for worst in the league with Joe Flacco last year and 30th or worst every year dating back to 2003...when 5.7 would have been 29th.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
This. I've noticed how much of a LT skill-set he brings to pass pro: fast choppy feet as compared to a lot of cement footed Gs, gets his back flat, lets wild gap shooters run themselves outside of the pocket, passes off stunts, etc. It's rare to see a rookie guard with that refined of technique, and I think it bodes really well for his future.
His feet are choppy and fast. I was concerned prior to the game if he could hold up against Billings. Wow, did he ever hold up. He was able to leverage the stud DT from Baylor and win most of the battles. I almost fell out when Conner, Martin and Smith would pull on their run blocking. I can't wait to see the Cowboys dominate against the Carolina Panthers.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Tyron looks fat and slow.. cut him now and put in Chaz green if we want a chance this year. Discuss..:lmao2:
:popcorn:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I really like Dak. However, when he scrambles I hate how he leaves the ground running to throw those passes. They end up being inaccurate at times and off target.

Most analysts say the exact opposite. Dak is usually rated as one of the best in the league at throwing on the run after leaving the pocket.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Most analysts say the exact opposite. Dak is usually rated as one of the best in the league at throwing on the run after leaving the pocket.

Yes I agree. However, I don't like his throwing motion in which he leaves both feet and tries to force the ball into tight places. He seems rushed and it lowers his accuracy.

What he needs to do is a take a split second get set and plant his feet. Just like that TD to Williams where he didn't panic and waited for the man to get open. He should make plays like those on a consistent basis.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Yes I agree. However, I don't like his throwing motion in which he leaves both feet and tries to force the ball into tight places. He seems rushed and it lowers his accuracy.

What he needs to do is a take a split second get set and plant his feet. Just like that TD to Williams where he didn't panic and waited for the man to get open.

This TD to Williams?

giphy.gif

LyppcIe.jpg

AtlCPA

Reaction score
#52 Williams also had no false starts and no holding penalties. Even when getting pushed back or on the one whiff, he didn't panic and hold.
He also didn’t give up a sack. He has some problems to work on, but overall he played well for a rookie playing his second preseason game.