Film study on Cowboys draft picks

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s a highly intelligent linebacker with a nose for the ball and the physicality to punish running backs and receivers who dare to sneak out underneath. His hot motor will energize the Cowboys’ defense. Liufau is going to surprise those who have been questioning this draft pick. The Cowboys valued him over RB and accepting offers to trade down both. That speaks volumes about how they feel about him.

All true, but had Jerry simply not used our 4th round pick for Lance last year, that 4th round pick could have been used on a quality starting RB where 7 RBs were available where the Cowboys original 4th round pick was traded to the 49ers.

QB could and should have waited until 2025 to be addressed. Jerry messed up big time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So, I didn't say he was top 10?

Then why phrase your question in a way that suggests I did?

I know the answer to that question.
what!?>
I said he is above average. and you laught at it. then nothing. just trying to avoid a simple question.

top 10 would be elite.

is he top 10? no. he is above average.

you are so confused and again, you just want to argue about something, anything.

I am done.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
3.8 tackles per game the last two years is very worrying

I like the Liafau pick, but I can be objective here.

The two metrics that most translate to LB success are size vs speed and solo tackles. It's still pretty noisy, but it beats the other stuff.

Liafau is a tad above average as a size-speed guy and posted junk for solo tackles. That's not a good starting LB profile... that's more of a special teamer.

Creeper

Reaction score
Commentators, like this video creator, have been pushing the family relationship between Marist Liufau and Puka Nacua. He emphasized it by using examples like the Bosa brothers, Diggs brothers and Watts brothers. There is a difference between those relationships with Liufau and Nacua, who are cousins. Family relationships are more the exception than typical as far as transitioning from the college level to the NFL and making a pro level impact.

That said, I hope Liufau belongs in the exception category. His cousin took the opportunity of Cooper Kupp's slow return to the Los Angeles Rams starting lineup and literally exploded onto the scene during his rookie season. Nacua is a solid, all-around NFL WR. Mike Zimmer's defense gained a sure asset if Liufau can play at or above the level of his cousin in his rookie season, albeit at a totally different position.
Not sure what degree of separation they are as cousins, but 2nd cousins only share less than 4% of DNA so it is not like they are identical twins and have identical abilities by DNA.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All true, but had Jerry simply not used our 4th round pick for Lance last year, that 4th round pick could have been used on a quality starting RB where 7 RBs were available where the Cowboys original 4th round pick was traded to the 49ers.

QB could and should have waited until 2025 to be addressed. Jerry messed up big time.
Too early to say. Depends on how Lance turns out.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Cowboys disagree. They knew he would last until their 5th. And they had offers to trade down and didn't. They really wanted him badly. They had a 3rd round grade on him and when their turn came up late in the 3rd they jumped on him.
Yeah, that's way too early. Of course they disagree.