Final Mock draft - with trades

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok, just had to post this one. Understand a lot of you hate these, but the results on this one ended up pretty fun (however, unlikely it is)

Got to pick 24 - JC Latham was on the board still, NO offered 29 and 61 - accepted. Thursday, I'm probably running up to turn in JC's card, but today - wanted to fill holes.

Got to pick 29 - Murphy and Guyton still on board - KC offered 32/95 for 29/233 - was hoping one would reach me - so accepted deal

Pick 32 - both gone, but Suamataia was there - might need some work but they seem to like him and his ceiling is higher than the remaining. Lets Smith stay at LG where we know he's an all-pro (JPJ, Frazier, Morgan still there)

Pick 32 - Kingsley Suamataia - BYU OT

As 2nd round progressed - targets started flying off the board:
Oline: JPJ, Morgan, Frazier, Paul, Haynes, Beebe
Defense: Cooper, Robinson, Gray, Orhorhoro

Reach pick 56 - Benson, Wilson, Fiske, Brooks still available - Ravens offer trade - 56 for 62/113 - take the offer to get back into 4th round - hoping they fall.

Now have back to back picks - which I love! - Wilson, Fiske, Brooks, Van-Pran-Granger, Trice still available

Pick 61 - Payton Wilson - LB NC State - inj. concerns drop him to end of 2nd, but worth the risk here.
Pick 62 - Braden Fiske - DT - Florida St. - dynamic DT who won't stop - a dog this team needs

Round 3 starts - Brooks is dropping - injury is scaring teams away it appears.
Reach pick 87 - still there - make the call

Pick 87 - Jonathon Brooks - RB - Texas - once healthy, he's your starter at RB. Hopefully knee checks out

Still have another pick in 3rd - majority of Oline is gone, LB is pretty bare, WR is down 5th,6th round talent. Risk worth taking and a need for many years on this team is staring them in the face

Pick 95 - T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas - back to back Texas guys - boom/bust pick. Hopefully he matures and leaves the partying behind. Worth the risk

4th round starts - interesting prospect still there

Pick 113 - James Williams - S/LB - Miami - likely a LB in the NFL

5th round - board getting thin - look to move up as there are a couple guys dropping. Jarrian Jones - CB, Qwan'tez Stiggers - CB, Luke McCaffrey - WR and Layden Robinson G are ones I'd move for - no takers using future picks, decide to wait. By the time 174 comes around, they are all gone....however, potential 3rd rounder has dropped, no longer a need - but could be an interesting combo.

Pick 174 - Jaylen Wright - RB - Tenn - likely starter until Brooks is 100% - Brooks/Wright combo sets Dallas RB room for next 4 years.

If anyone is still reading this, I'll cut last picks short :)

Pick 216 - Mark Perry - S - TCU
Pick 244 - Kingsley Eguakun - C - Florida

John813

Reaction score
Nice mock, but man a lot of trades. Would be nice if something like that could happen this week.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Too many trades to make it realisitic but I like the though process here as they seem to be saying they are "all-in" on the draft.

Love the Wilson pick - he's too good for me to care about his injury history and worth the risk. Wilson and Fisk back to back with a starting OT would be good enough for me to get blackout drunk this weekend.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Where does Latham play? I don’t see him as a LT? Moving him into guard or cutting Steele loose?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where does Latham play? I don’t see him as a LT? Moving him into guard or cutting Steele loose?
I think he'd be fine at LT
However, if Steele struggles again you would have options

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Ok, just had to post this one. Understand a lot of you hate these, but the results on this one ended up pretty fun (however, unlikely it is)

Got to pick 24 - JC Latham was on the board still, NO offered 29 and 61 - accepted. Thursday, I'm probably running up to turn in JC's card, but today - wanted to fill holes.

Got to pick 29 - Murphy and Guyton still on board - KC offered 32/95 for 29/233 - was hoping one would reach me - so accepted deal

Pick 32 - both gone, but Suamataia was there - might need some work but they seem to like him and his ceiling is higher than the remaining. Lets Smith stay at LG where we know he's an all-pro (JPJ, Frazier, Morgan still there)

Pick 32 - Kingsley Suamataia - BYU OT

As 2nd round progressed - targets started flying off the board:
Oline: JPJ, Morgan, Frazier, Paul, Haynes, Beebe
Defense: Cooper, Robinson, Gray, Orhorhoro

Reach pick 56 - Benson, Wilson, Fiske, Brooks still available - Ravens offer trade - 56 for 62/113 - take the offer to get back into 4th round - hoping they fall.

Now have back to back picks - which I love! - Wilson, Fiske, Brooks, Van-Pran-Granger, Trice still available

Pick 61 - Payton Wilson - LB NC State - inj. concerns drop him to end of 2nd, but worth the risk here.
Pick 62 - Braden Fiske - DT - Florida St. - dynamic DT who won't stop - a dog this team needs

Round 3 starts - Brooks is dropping - injury is scaring teams away it appears.
Reach pick 87 - still there - make the call

Pick 87 - Jonathon Brooks - RB - Texas - once healthy, he's your starter at RB. Hopefully knee checks out

Still have another pick in 3rd - majority of Oline is gone, LB is pretty bare, WR is down 5th,6th round talent. Risk worth taking and a need for many years on this team is staring them in the face

Pick 95 - T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas - back to back Texas guys - boom/bust pick. Hopefully he matures and leaves the partying behind. Worth the risk

4th round starts - interesting prospect still there

Pick 113 - James Williams - S/LB - Miami - likely a LB in the NFL

5th round - board getting thin - look to move up as there are a couple guys dropping. Jarrian Jones - CB, Qwan'tez Stiggers - CB, Luke McCaffrey - WR and Layden Robinson G are ones I'd move for - no takers using future picks, decide to wait. By the time 174 comes around, they are all gone....however, potential 3rd rounder has dropped, no longer a need - but could be an interesting combo.

Pick 174 - Jaylen Wright - RB - Tenn - likely starter until Brooks is 100% - Brooks/Wright combo sets Dallas RB room for next 4 years.

If anyone is still reading this, I'll cut last picks short :)

Pick 216 - Mark Perry - S - TCU
Pick 244 - Kingsley Eguakun - C - Florida
Do not trade out of the 1st round without a 2nd or 3rd round pick in this draft and a 1st round pick in the 2025 draft.