Final Mock Draft

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With about a week away, all we are going to hear is smoke. This yr is by far the hardest to project; no combine, no individuals workouts, no 30 visits. Think slotting will be all over the place. In my past mocks, I projected what I think the Cowboys would do, this is what I want them to do:

1-Slater G/T Northwestern (OL is really starting to show their age, time to reload with a Zach Martin talent)
2-Grant FS UCF (think he is the best fit for the single high safety that this scheme requires)
3-Joseph CB Kentucky (he is just a notch below the 1st tier players, he gets knock down for character concerns)
3b-McNeil NT NC State (think he is the best 1T in the entire class, see many project him going this late)
4-Barnes LB Purdue (a potential 3rd day Steal, add depth to a need position.)
4b-Deablo S/LB Virginia Tech (same school, same build as Kam Chancellor)
5-Sample DE/DT Tulane (one of those base DE, kicks inside on the nickel
6-Niemann LB Iowa (continue to add more to a positional group with major question marks.)
7-Jackson T Iowa (developmental tackle)
7b-Ehlinger QB Texas (MM likes to develop young QB's)

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I'd be pretty happy with that. Forgot developmental tackle....I'd look for C/G depth in the late rounds. We have like 8 tackles on the team. If we draft one high, absolutely no reason to waste another pick on one.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With about a week away, all we are going to hear is smoke. This yr is by far the hardest to project; no combine, no individuals workouts, no 30 visits. Think slotting will be all over the place. In my past mocks, I projected what I think the Cowboys would do, this is what I want them to do:

1-Slater G/T Northwestern (OL is really starting to show their age, time to reload with a Zach Martin talent)
2-Grant FS UCF (think he is the best fit for the single high safety that this scheme requires)
3-Joseph CB Kentucky (he is just a notch below the 1st tier players, he gets knock down for character concerns)
3b-McNeil NT NC State (think he is the best 1T in the entire class, see many project him going this late)
6-Niemann LB Iowa (continue to add more to a positional group with major question marks.)
Fwiw Fish made it seem like the Cowboys arent very high on Grant

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Deablo is gonna be a steal for someone. He'd be doing in 2022 what we want Neal to do this year

tm1119

Reaction score

1- Don’t hate it but would depend on who’s there
2- No thanks. I think he’s the 5th best option for FS personally. To each their own.
3- If he last this long it’s a good pick.
3B- same as above
4- I like other LB’s more, but there’s probably 6 or 7 guys that are ranked similarly in this range depending where you look
4b- Don’t love the player, but it’s not a bad pick
5- Solid 5th rounder, but I hope we pick a DE earlier.
6- If he last this long it’s a good pick.
7- Probably wouldn’t make the roster. Need to take an OT earlier IMO
7- Why not

JBS

Reaction score
I've heard bad things about K. Joseph..don't think he's in play..also don't want Slater..but I'll leave your mock draft alone..final mock 2.0 will be better

waving monkey

Reaction score

I love this draft make the first four rounds happen

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Love all but the first pick.
Would like a trade back
And see defensive players taken.