Final Mock Draft

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Used Pro Football Network Simulation

Traded 24 to the Chiefs for 32 (1), 64 (2) they went up to get Brian Thomas WR. Lost Guyton, JPJ in the trade back.

1 (32) Kingsley Suamataia BYU Tackle-went with him over Jordan Morgan
2 (56) Trey Benson Florida State RB-Brooks was off the board, took Benson over Payton Wilson
2 (64) Sedrick Van Pran Georgia Center-the last of the high end Centers, reportedly a tremendous leader
3 (87) Trevin Wallace Kentucky MLB-a big, athletic linebacker that Zimmer seeks
5 (174) Khristian Boyd Northern Iowa NT-big, developmental NT
6 (216) Darius Muasau UCLA LB-undersized, real instinctive linebacker
7 (233) Jalen Sundell North Dakota State OL-can play multiple offensive line positions
7 (244) Rasheen Ali Marshall RB-add more numbers to the running back room

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Vey good mock.

4 eventual starters and Muasua is solid depth/Special Teams.

Boyd has some intrigue to him. Sundell is mid to me. Ali seems to have a ton of buzz right now.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Vey good mock.

4 eventual starters and Muasua is solid depth/Special Teams.

Boyd has some intrigue to him. Sundell is mid to me. Ali seems to have a ton of buzz right now.
7th rounders are tough to pick. Sundell is a versatile type of backup for would have to earn a spot.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Traded 24 to the Chiefs for 32 (1), 64 (2) they went up to get Brian Thomas WR. Lost Guyton, JPJ in the trade back.

2 (56) Trey Benson Florida State RB-Brooks was off the board, took Benson over Payton Wilson
2 (64) Sedrick Van Pran Georgia Center-the last of the high end Centers, reportedly a tremendous leader
7 (233) Jalen Sundell North Dakota State OL-can play multiple offensive line positions
Man Id probably run the card in if BTJ fell to 24 but I know you wanna build the line up…

Like the trade down and the idea of adding another 2nd though. I’d probably go C at 32 instead of OT but like some of the players. Love Benson.

I’d just be scared about our defense but you can only do so much in the draft when you don’t fill needs in FA.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Man Id probably run the card in if BTJ fell to 24 but I know you wanna build the line up…

Like the trade down and the idea of adding another 2nd though. I’d probably go C at 32 instead of OT but like some of the players. Love Benson.

I’d just be scared about our defense but you can only do so much in the draft when you don’t fill needs in FA.
Did consider Frazier, but I believe the Cowboys really like Kingsley. This also guarantees Tyler remains inside at guard.

Stuck to my guns, will not consider Wilson until rd 3, although it was difficult decision. Wanted to come away with an elite back.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Wouldn't be happy about not taking a DT until the fifth and probably would take one less offensive lineman (maybe a corner instead of the last one).

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Wouldn't be happy about not taking a DT until the fifth and probably would take one less offensive lineman (maybe a corner instead of the last one).
I was mocking how I believe the cowboys would address their needs, can’t see them using another top 100 pick on a two down nt.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I was mocking how I believe the cowboys would address their needs, can’t see them using another top 100 pick on a two down nt.
I would think it would be more of a 3-tech guy, like DeWayne Carter. However, I could see us using a third-rounder to add a run-stuffer, especially after getting ran over in the playoffs and with Zimmer taking over as coordinator. All things being equal, I'd probably pull the trigger on a DT over MLB in the third since we signed Kendricks specifically for that role (although he is on a one-year deal).

I'm not a big fan of spending a first and a second on the OL (one or the other) and I would be surprised if Dallas did, but I can understand why you did it. I'd be OK, though, going Frazier with the first and with a DT with that second-round pick and taking Wallace to be the future at MLB.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really like this, it's far better than what ll happen on Thursday I'm afraid.

TheDank

Reaction score
A lot of names that I like. Realistic to me in where they’ll go. I think this would be a home run draft class with a bunch of solid contributors or plus starters.

J-man

Reaction score
I like it, but highly doubt they double dip that many positions.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Realistic draft from the Cowboys perspective. Just don’t know how I feel about giving Mahomes Brian Thomas Jr. :huh: :thumbdown: