Final Mock Draft

reddyuta

Reaction score
suamataia won't be there at 32.a lot of teams in late 20s covet him including the 49ers.

Carson

Reaction score
suamataia won't be there at 32.a lot of teams in late 20s covet him including the 49ers.
Thats why I believe Newton / Murphy will be there at 24. I feel a massive run on OL starting in the mid teens

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have never heard your opinion on a Dak extension. Should they?
I wished management made a decision prior to the offseason. Either you trade him now and acquire multiple picks or you resign him to an extension. Not making a decision is bad business and creating the risk of him leaving for just a 3rd rd comp.

What would I do? After all the emotion is now gone after the playoff loss, I would extend him. I look around the conference top QB's, is he worse then Purdy, Goff, Hurts, Love, Cousins? No, but some of the other teams support their QB far better then how the Cowboys have been built. Last time Dak had a dominate run game was in his rookie year when they earned the #1 seed. That was with an average at best defense. Don't think the Jones Family wants a fire sale, they have some pieces in place, but they have to truly go all in and fix the trenches to compete with the best teams.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I wished management made a decision prior to the offseason. Either you trade him now and acquire multiple picks or you resign him to an extension. Not making a decision is bad business and creating the risk of him leaving for just a 3rd rd comp.

What would I do? After all the emotion is now gone after the playoff loss, I would extend him. I look around the conference top QB's, is he worse then Purdy, Goff, Hurts, Love, Cousins? No, but some of the other teams support their QB far better then how the Cowboys have been built. Last time Dak had a dominate run game was in his rookie year when they earned the #1 seed. That was with an average at best defense. Don't think the Jones Family wants a fire sale, they have some pieces in place, but they have to truly go all in and fix the trenches to compete with the best teams.
Really good points. We have to remember the Cowboys are bigger than a football team. The Joneses are smarter than we give them credit for. All this nonsense with Dak’s contract is to keep the Cowboys in the media. The Joneses threw a party when Shefter suggests they might take a quarterback in the first round. We as fans chose the Cowboys so we have to deal with the nonsense.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Really good points. We have to remember the Cowboys are bigger than a football team. The Joneses are smarter than we give them credit for. All this nonsense with Dak’s contract is to keep the Cowboys in the media. The Joneses threw a party when Shefter suggests they might take a quarterback in the first round. We as fans chose the Cowboys so we have to deal with the nonsense.
Honestly, I think the decision to keep Dak has already been made, it's all about getting him back at a more affordable price.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the decision to keep Dak has already been made, it's all about getting him back at a more affordable price.
I doubt if the decision was made by Jerry or Stephen yet. Even if you are a Dak believer, the last three playoff losses were bad. The last loss cost the Joneses a home playoff game and they got embarrassed. Jerry is in no position to give Dak a 55+ million a season contract after that performance.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I doubt if the decision was made by Jerry or Stephen yet. Even if you are a Dak believer, the last three playoff losses were bad. The last loss cost the Joneses a home playoff game and they got embarrassed. Jerry is in no position to give Dak a 55+ million a season contract after that performance.
That’s absolute incompetence. They know dollar wise what it’s going to take to keep him. Either you’re willing or not. If you ain’t in from a money standpoint then you better be all in to look for a new QB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think they are dead scared to return to the Dave campo days without a qb

Malhavoc

Reaction score
That’s exactly why they will ultimately cave and give him what he wants. Could have done it from the jump and created a ton of cap space to at least get a couple people in FA. Winning isn’t the objective, but if they can be competitive and heck make the playoffs that keeps their brand in tact.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That’s exactly why they will ultimately cave and give him what he wants. Could have done it from the jump and created a ton of cap space to at least get a couple people in FA. Winning isn’t the objective, but if they can be competitive and heck make the playoffs that keeps their brand in tact.
That certainly seems to be the case, when you hear Jerry doesn’t want to pick up the tab for a coach who has a year left in his contract, he is acting like a small market team.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That’s absolute incompetence. They know dollar wise what it’s going to take to keep him. Either you’re willing or not. If you ain’t in from a money standpoint then you better be all in to look for a ne
Giving Dak a $240 million in guarantees is not smart.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Maybe. They also make way more money now with the franchise. The fanbase is getting restless and starting over with the right marketing pitch might work.