4.39 40
*1.49 10-yard dash
2.49 20-yard dash
37" vertical
*10'8" long jump
*4.19 short-shuttle
6.97 3-cone drill

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Outside of Calvin Johnson, Meachem has the best size/speed ratio of projected 1st day receivers, huge YAC threat, explodes in and out of his cuts, turns up field quickly once he secures the football, averaged 18 yards a catch on 71 receptions as a Junior, Dallas is said to be really high on Meachem
==================================
2nd round #53 Akron OG Andy Alleman…6’4” 305

Combine measurements:

5.07 40-yard dash
1.71 10-yard dash
2.87 20-yard dash
27 reps of 225
30” vertical
*4.38 short-shuttle
*7.43 3-cone drill
8’10” long jump

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Athletic OG who placed very highly among the guard prospects in most of the measurable exercises; his 40 yard dash time…tops, 10-yard dash…tied for tops, 20-yard dash…tops, vertical jump…tops, long jump…tops, and short-shuttle…tops, so as you can see, Alleman is pretty athletic, plus has the room to add more weight, Dallas is said to be interested in Alleman
3rd round #87 Texas DE Brian Robison…6’3” 259

Combine measurements:

4.67 40
1.49 10-yard dash
2.65 20-yard dash
6.89 3-cone drill
4.26 short-shuttle
27 reps of 225
40 ½” vertical
10’1” long jump

The Skinny Crazy, athletic DE, who plugging his bench, long jump and vertical numbers into Pat Kirwan’s strength and explosion formula, grades a 77.51, which is superb, is good at disrupting plays in the backfield and pursuing, needs to work on his pass-rush repertoire however, although his rip and swim moves are really good, Dallas gave a lot of attention to Robison at the Senior Bowl
4th round #118 Missouri Southern OT Allen Barbre…6’4” 300

Combine measurements:

4.84 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.81 20-yard dash
28 reps of 225
4.63 short-shuttle
7.4 3-cone drill
32” vertical
8’9” long jump

The Skinny Athletic OT who is on the rise thanks to running a 4.84 40-yard dash, as well as scoring highly on the rest of his exercises at the Combine, dominant at the Div-2 level, according to NFLDraftScout, courtesy of masonmenos, Barbre excelled both as a run and pass-blocker, he also projects to OG in the pros, Dallas is said to be interested in Barbre

5th round #149 Kent State CB Usama Young…5'11" 196

Pro-Day measurements:

4.4 40
1.46 10-yard dash
43" vertical
10'11" long jump
6.65 3-cone drill
4.31 short-shuttle
11.98 long-shuttle

The Skinny Intriguing Day 2 CB with obvious physical gifts, had a productive career at Kent State, is receiving a lot of interest thanks to a great Pro-Day workout, including having a workout scheduled w/ Dallas, he could come off the board early on Day 2, even late Day 1
===================================
6h round #180 Nevada QB Jeff Rowe…6’5” 226

Combine measurements:

4.91 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.84 20-yard dash
4.15 short-shuttle
6.72 3-cone drill
29 ½” vertical
9’6” long jump

The Skinny Solid, developmental type QB with great size and a good arm, has surprising agility, excels in the short to intermediate passing game, shows nice timing and touch on his passes, possesses nice footwork
6th round #185 Virginia Tech SS Aaron Rouse…6’4” 223

Combine measurements:

*4.53 40
1.53 10-yard dash
2.6 20-yard dash
*6.81 3-cone drill
*4.19 short-shuttle
35” vertical
*10’1” long jump
16 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Huge, athletic SS who offers immediate, special teams production, is raw as he switched from OLB to SS in college, offers tremendous potential
7th round #193 Northwestern Oklahoma State NT LaRon Harris…6’2” 350

Pro-Day measurements:

1.74 10-yard dash
33 reps of 225
33.5” vertical

The Skinny Humongous NT w/ surprising athleticism, immediately after finishing his exercises, Harris did a back flip, was originally recruited by Tennessee, even appearing in 4 games for the Volunteers as a Red shirt sophomore
7th round #215 Baylor CB Anthony Arline…6’2” 199

Combine measurements:

4.43 40
1.46 10-yard dash
2.58 20-yard dash
*36” vertical
*10’5” long jump
4.46 20-yard shuttle
7.02 3-cone drill
12 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Tall, athletic corner who was apart of an underrated BU tandem, proved to be smooth in his turns at the Hula Bowl and used his long arms to great effect
7th round #218 Hawaii RB Nate Ilaoa…5’9” 245

Combine measurements:

4.77 40
1.63 10-yard dash
2.75 20-yard dash
25 reps of 225
4.42 short-shuttle
7.10 3-cone drill
30” vertical
8’7” long jump

The Skinny Intriguing back that actually began his UH career as a WR, went over 1,000 yards as both a rusher and receiver for his career, including averaging 7.5 yards a carry his final 2 years and 10.8 yards a catch, better projects to FB in the pros where his rushing and receiving skills can make him a threat, needs to stay healthy

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That would be a nice draft - gotta hand it to you, you've done some great mock work over the past few months.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1458023 said:
That would be a nice draft - gotta hand it to you, you've done some great mock work over the past few months.

I've just been thinking, we may have to go another WR route at 22, I think Meachem stands a great chance of being drafted by Tennessee, hometown kid to give Vince a big, explosive target to work w/, it comes down to either Bowe or Ginn Jr.

thanks for the props, I try

chicago JK

Reaction score
I like the focus on the O-line with two risers in the draft.....neither of whom I have seen in person but two guys whose writeups look good. Until we get top talent on the line, I think we will always be lacking behind a franchise like Philly. I am not sure if this is the draft to stack up on lineman, but I wouldn't mind if we found quality talent there.

I have different preferences than Meachem in the first but different tastes for different folks.

I am also not as high on Robinson in the third round. I don't think he plays to his athleticism he shows in his personal workouts. But who knows.

Overall, these mock drafts are crapshots but a solid effort.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
chicago JK;1458035 said:
I have different preferences than Meachem in the first but different tastes for different folks.

Meachem is my #1 guy in the 1st round, but I'm not opposed to Chris Houston or Joe Staley either, or a number of other options, but it has to be a CB or WR in the 1st for me, Staley and Levi Brown are the only OTs I would take in the 1st, and Brown stands a good chance to be selected before 22, of course Joe Thomas too, but he'll be long gone by the time we pick

chicago JK said:
I am also not as high on Robinson in the third round. I don't think he plays to his athleticism he shows in his personal workouts. But who knows.

you're right, Robison has long been known to look great in workouts yet not play like it on the field, but you can't teach his size and athleticism, however, you can teach him how to play, whether he responds to coaching or not is up to him, but you have to give him a shot

chicago JK said:
Overall, these mock drafts are crapshots but a solid effort.

thanks

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I like it all except for the OG in round two. If we're really looking for BPA, Alleman won't be BPA at that spot. And with not really needing a guard and I just don't see it. It just doesn't make sense BPA or need-wise.

Also, I doubt Barbre lasts to our 4th pick or Rouse lasts to our 6th pick.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that I really like it.

Now we'll go pick by pick.

1. Robert Meachem - Fantastic pick at 22, on board with this 100%. Would also be fine with Dwayne Bowe. To me WR makes the most sense in Rd 1 and this is a perfect fit. Grade: A

2. Andy Alleman - This was really kind of a surprise to me as I didn't expect an OG this early at all. I'm not a huge fan of Alleman though, he's strong and athletic but he's just over 80% on his blocking success rate and he hasn't shown a whole lot of success with down field blocking. He's also prone to giving up sacks and QB pressures. Not a pick that I would be on board for. Grade: D

3. Brian Robinson - I think this is really a great pick, Robinson has a ton of athletic ability and while he hasn't been super productive he also hasn't been a slouch. But I think this is a little early for him and he'd be better in the 4th. Grade: B

4. Alan Barbre - Perfect pick, shows all the talent necessary to develop into a starter and grades out as highly as some of the first round prospects. I think we'd have to grab him in the 3rd though, and I think switching him and Robinson would make more sense. Grade: A

5. Usama Young - I like this pick. I think Young is underrated but he's definitely a project pick and may not develop into much more than a Nickle corner. Still with Glenn getting up in age and probably the first to go maybe thats the only role we need filled soon. Grade: B

6. Jeff Rowe - I'm kind of indifferent to this pick. I don't see it as a great pick and I don't see it as a bad pick. The question I would ask is this: does he have more potential than Matt Baker? If yes then sure, no problem spending a late round pick on him...if no, then go for someone else. Grade: C

6. Aaron Rouse - Not a pick that makes a ton of sense to me. He's more like an undersized LB than anything and I just don't see that fitting into our defensive scheme. He could be a backup to Roy I guess, but there's already Elam there. So this time the question is does Rouse have more potential than Elam? Grade: C

7. Laron Harris - Honestly don't know anything about him really, but sounds like a good pick to me. Grade: B

7. Anthony Arline - I would be very surprised if Arline lasted this long, but it's a pick I'd be fine with. Grade: B

Its a draft I would be fairly happy with but not overly thrilled with. The pick in the second round is what throws me off the most, I just don't really understand it. I don't think OG is a big need for us right now and I don't think that Alleman will be BPA at that point. Other than that I think it's a good mock though and with a change in the second round is something I would really be happy with. Some concerns: Nothing really done to address C, only late round prospects to help CB and DT. Great picks of Meachem, Barbre, Robinson and Young though.

cowboyjack

Reaction score
I really love this mock. Great job!! The only change I would make would be to replace the last pick (the RB from Hawaii) with Justin Medlock, the kicker from UCLA. If I am going to take a flyer on a 7th round pick, I think Medlock has a chance to compete for a starting position.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
masomenos85;1458053 said:
I'll start by saying that I really like it.

Now we'll go pick by pick.

2. Andy Alleman - This was really kind of a surprise to me as I didn't expect an OG this early at all. I'm not a huge fan of Alleman though, he's strong and athletic but he's just over 80% on his blocking success rate and he hasn't shown a whole lot of success with down field blocking. He's also prone to giving up sacks and QB pressures. Not a pick that I would be on board for. Grade: D

Don't know about this specific player however would not be shocked to see an O-Lineman, even an OG taken here. It is something that has become a trend with dallas although not every year.

6. Jeff Rowe - I'm kind of indifferent to this pick. I don't see it as a great pick and I don't see it as a bad pick. The question I would ask is this: does he have more potential than Matt Baker? If yes then sure, no problem spending a late round pick on him...if no, then go for someone else. Grade: C

Agreed. If he is not any better than our current third stringer in some area than just pass on him. JZ may not be better in all areas but at least he has some kind of special it to him...not saying to take Z here but just giving an example of something where they have to have an area where they are better instead of taking one just to take one.

6. Aaron Rouse - Not a pick that makes a ton of sense to me. He's more like an undersized LB than anything and I just don't see that fitting into our defensive scheme. He could be a backup to Roy I guess, but there's already Elam there. So this time the question is does Rouse have more potential than Elam? Grade: C

I agree in some areas. I mean we have plenty of safeties on the squad that could backup roy if need be. Here is the thing though. At this point in the draft you get a player that is either a developmental player or basically a backup player. And that backup player better be able to help out on Special Teams. Rouse can help out on special teams as Coach Beamer at VT will have had his players coached well in that area.

Its a draft I would be fairly happy with but not overly thrilled with. The pick in the second round is what throws me off the most, I just don't really understand it. I don't think OG is a big need for us right now and I don't think that Alleman will be BPA at that point. Other than that I think it's a good mock though and with a change in the second round is something I would really be happy with. Some concerns: Nothing really done to address C, only late round prospects to help CB and DT. Great picks of Meachem, Barbre, Robinson and Young though.

I think any O-Line man pick could be considered a point of need down the road. Just not sure why we would take this specific guy at that time. Other than that I agree with your over all takes.

Oh one last thing...I LOOOVE that RB from Hawaii as the last pick. Only seen him play once or twice but it was quite amazing for a kid of his size.

Good Job over all on your Mock Bob!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One last thing....NT and C

I would think we might take a flyer on at least one guy at one of the positions.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like this mock but I would love to get Darrel Revis in the 1st instead but i do not think he will be there. Meecham will be a great consolation if we could not get Revis. In the 2nd I like the pick but if Aaron Sears is on the board, I rather have him due to his versatility and the level of competition he has played. All of the other picks are good. Nice job.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
1st round #22 Tennessee WR Robert Meachem…6'2" 214

Combine measurements:

4.39 40
*1.49 10-yard dash
2.49 20-yard dash
37" vertical
*10'8" long jump
*4.19 short-shuttle
6.97 3-cone drill

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Outside of Calvin Johnson, Meachem has the best size/speed ratio of projected 1st day receivers, huge YAC threat, explodes in and out of his cuts, turns up field quickly once he secures the football, averaged 18 yards a catch on 71 receptions as a Junior, Dallas is said to be really high on Meachem
2nd round #53 North Carolina State DT DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler...6'2" 306

Combine measurements:

*5.24 40
*1.75 10-yard dash
*2.96 20-yard dash
42 reps of 225
*8'1" long jump
28 1/2" vertical
*4.76 short-shuttle
*7.47 3-cone drill

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Good-sized NT who is stout at the point of attack, displays good quickness and will push Olinemen into the backfield, is able to penetrate, disengages from blocks well, plugging his bench, long jump and vertical into Pat Kirwan's strength and explosion formula, Tank grades a 78.51
3rd round #87 Missouri Southern OT Allen Barbre…6’4” 300

Combine measurements:

4.84 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.81 20-yard dash
28 reps of 225
4.63 short-shuttle
7.4 3-cone drill
32” vertical
8’9” long jump

The Skinny Athletic OT who is on the rise thanks to running a 4.84 40-yard dash, as well as scoring highly on the rest of his exercises at the Combine, dominant at the Div-2 level, according to NFLDraftScout, courtesy of masonmenos, Barbre excelled both as a run and pass-blocker, he also projects to OG in the pros, Dallas is said to be interested in Barbre
4th round #118 Texas DE Brian Robison…6’3” 259

Combine measurements:

4.67 40
1.49 10-yard dash
2.65 20-yard dash
6.89 3-cone drill
4.26 short-shuttle
27 reps of 225
40 ½” vertical
10’1” long jump

The Skinny Crazy, athletic DE, who plugging his bench, long jump and vertical numbers into Pat Kirwan’s strength and explosion formula, grades a 77.51, which is superb, is good at disrupting plays in the backfield and pursuing, needs to work on his pass-rush repertoire however, although his rip and swim moves are really good, Dallas gave a lot of attention to Robison at the Senior Bowl

Pro-Day measurements:

4.4 40
1.46 10-yard dash
43" vertical
10'11" long jump
6.65 3-cone drill
4.31 short-shuttle
11.98 long-shuttle

The Skinny Intriguing Day 2 CB with obvious physical gifts, had a productive career at Kent State, is receiving a lot of interest thanks to a great Pro-Day workout, including having a workout scheduled w/ Dallas, he could come off the board early on Day 2, even late Day 1
6th round #180 Nevada QB Jeff Rowe…6’5” 226

Combine measurements:

4.91 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.84 20-yard dash
4.15 short-shuttle
6.72 3-cone drill
29 ½” vertical
9’6” long jump

The Skinny Solid, developmental type QB with great size and a good arm, has surprising agility, excels in the short to intermediate passing game, shows nice timing and touch on his passes, possesses nice footwork

Combine measurements:

*4.53 40
1.53 10-yard dash
2.6 20-yard dash
*6.81 3-cone drill
*4.19 short-shuttle
35” vertical
*10’1” long jump
16 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Huge, athletic SS who offers immediate, special teams production, is raw as he switched from OLB to SS in college, offers tremendous potential, Dallas is said to be interested in Rouse
7th round #193 Clemson C Dustin Fry...6'3" 315

Combine measurements:

5.4 40
1.84 10-yard dash
3.09 20-yard dash
34 reps of 225

The Skinny Massive C who is a hard-worker and projects to a number of positions on the line, at the Senior Bowl Fry looked powerful as a drive-blocker and was efficient pass-blocking

Combine measurements:

4.43 40
1.46 10-yard dash
2.58 20-yard dash
*36” vertical
*10’5” long jump
4.46 20-yard shuttle
7.02 3-cone drill
12 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Tall, athletic corner who was apart of an underrated BU tandem, proved to be smooth in his turns at the Hula Bowl and used his long arms to great effect

Combine measurements:

4.77 40
1.63 10-yard dash
2.75 20-yard dash
25 reps of 225
4.42 short-shuttle
7.10 3-cone drill
30” vertical
8’7” long jump

The Skinny Intriguing back that actually began his UH career as a WR, went over 1,000 yards as both a rusher and receiver for his career, including averaging 7.5 yards a carry his final 2 years and 10.8 yards a catch, better projects to FB in the pros where his rushing and receiving skills can make him a threat, needs to stay healthy

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I like it a lot more with Tank Tyler there.

...and I like the addition of Dustin Fry lol, in the future we should probably just do mock draft coloborations.

Stop, coloborate and listen, Maso and Bob got a brand new invention

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;1459479 said:
I like it a lot more with Tank Tyler there.

...and I like the addition of Dustin Fry lol, in the future we should probably just do mock draft coloborations.

Stop, coloborate and listen, Maso and Bob got a brand new invention

it was between Fry and Dan Santucci, but w/ Fry being a true C gave him the edge

and yes, you, me and ccb01 from about.com always agree on pretty much everything this time of the year

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1459468 said:
1st round #22 Tennessee WR Robert Meachem…6'2" 214

Combine measurements:

4.39 40
*1.49 10-yard dash
2.49 20-yard dash
37" vertical
*10'8" long jump
*4.19 short-shuttle
6.97 3-cone drill

*Pro-Day measurements

2nd round #53 North Carolina State DT DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler...6'2" 306

Combine measurements:

*5.24 40
*1.75 10-yard dash
*2.96 20-yard dash
42 reps of 225
*8'1" long jump
28 1/2" vertical
*4.76 short-shuttle
*7.47 3-cone drill

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Good-sized NT who is stout at the point of attack, displays good quickness and will push Olinemen into the backfield, is able to penetrate, disengages from blocks well, plugging his bench, long jump and vertical into Pat Kirwan's strength and explosion formula, Tank grades a 78.51
3rd round #87 Missouri Southern OT Allen Barbre…6’4” 300

Combine measurements:

4.84 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.81 20-yard dash
28 reps of 225
4.63 short-shuttle
7.4 3-cone drill
32” vertical
8’9” long jump

4th round #118 Texas DE Brian Robison…6’3” 259

Combine measurements:

4.67 40
1.49 10-yard dash
2.65 20-yard dash
6.89 3-cone drill
4.26 short-shuttle
27 reps of 225
40 ½” vertical
10’1” long jump

Pro-Day measurements:

4.4 40
1.46 10-yard dash
43" vertical
10'11" long jump
6.65 3-cone drill
4.31 short-shuttle
11.98 long-shuttle

6th round #180 Nevada QB Jeff Rowe…6’5” 226

Combine measurements:

4.91 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.84 20-yard dash
4.15 short-shuttle
6.72 3-cone drill
29 ½” vertical
9’6” long jump

Combine measurements:

*4.53 40
1.53 10-yard dash
2.6 20-yard dash
*6.81 3-cone drill
*4.19 short-shuttle
35” vertical
*10’1” long jump
16 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Huge, athletic SS who offers immediate, special teams production, is raw as he switched from OLB to SS in college, offers tremendous potential, Dallas is said to be interested in Rouse
7th round #193 Clemson C Dustin Fry...6'3" 315

Combine measurements:

5.4 40
1.84 10-yard dash
3.09 20-yard dash
34 reps of 225

The Skinny Massive C who is a hard-worker and projects to a number of positions on the line, at the Senior Bowl Fry looked powerful as a drive-blocker and was efficient pass-blocking

Combine measurements:

4.43 40
1.46 10-yard dash
2.58 20-yard dash
*36” vertical
*10’5” long jump
4.46 20-yard shuttle
7.02 3-cone drill
12 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

Combine measurements:

4.77 40
1.63 10-yard dash
2.75 20-yard dash
25 reps of 225
4.42 short-shuttle
7.10 3-cone drill
30” vertical
8’7” long jump

Like it a lot, the only thing I'd change (maybe) is I'd like to get a PR instead of Rouse, maybe a Figurs or Jacoby Jones.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ITS ROBISON not Robinson people......Bob got it right.....

and you better get used to the name, cause if Bob and myself have it our way, he will be a Cowboy come next weekend.

Robison plays all out on the field and is in on so many plays...I don't see how you can say that he doesn't bring it to the field. He played through injuries and was still productive. My only issue with him as a player is that he leaves contain to pursue the ball...that is something that can be corrected though. Overall I love his ability and his game.

Bob, I think we could get Young in the 6th.

1. WR Meachem
2. OG Alleman
3. OLB Robison
4. OT Barbre
5. C Dustin Fry
6. CB Young
6. QB Rowe
7. FB Le'Ron McClain
7. DT Harris
7.CB Arline

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1460348 said:
ITS ROBISON not Robinson people......Bob got it right.....

and you better get used to the name, cause if Bob and myself have it our way, he will be a Cowboy come next weekend.

Robison plays all out on the field and is in on so many plays...I don't see how you can say that he doesn't bring it to the field. He played through injuries and was still productive. My only issue with him as a player is that he leaves contain to pursue the ball...that is something that can be corrected though. Overall I love his ability and his game.

Bob, I think we could get Young in the 6th.

1. WR Meachem
2. OG Alleman
3. OLB Robison
4. OT Barbre
5. C Dustin Fry
6. CB Young
6. QB Rowe
7. FB Le'Ron McClain
7. DT Harris
7.CB Arline

lol, I KNEW you were going to change my mock up a bit

btw, I edited it on the end of page 1, check it out and lemme know what you think

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1460467 said:
lol, I KNEW you were going to change my mock up a bit

btw, I edited it on the end of page 1, check it out and lemme know what you think

1 Meachem
2 Tyler
3 Barbre
4 Robison
5 Fry
6 Young
6 OG Jermon Bushrod
7 FB Le'Ron McClain
7 Arline
7 LB Jacob Ford