Final OL Thoughts Heading into the Draft

cnuball21

Reaction score
After going back and forth a million times I think I've finally landed firm on the OL heading into the draft. I originally wanted no part of moving Tyler outside, bc I think his skill set is best suited for G, but that being said this is the position our owners have put us in. IMO I think we need to head in to the draft and simply draft the best player and then figure it out. Looking at OL only I think trading down likely makes the most sense unless a stud falls.

Cool:

- Fautanu or Mims there at 24 to play OT? Cool.
- Trade down and draft Morgan and figure out what the best combo is with him and Smith on the left side? Cool.
- Trade down and take a C if he's the best player and kick Tyler outside? Cool.

Not Cool:
- Drafting 2 OLmen in the 1st 3 rounds? Horrible roster management and we can't afford to do this with the gaping holes on defense. Give a youngster a chance. NOT COOL.
- Drafting someone more raw like Guyton at 24 and asking him to flip sides to LT? (I like him more than most - and probably ok in trade down). NOT COOL.
- Reaching on an OT like Kingsley just to draft an OT? NOT COOL.

Motorola

Reaction score
After going back and forth a million times I think I've finally landed firm on the OL heading into the draft. I originally wanted no part of moving Tyler outside, bc I think his skill set is best suited for G, but that being said this is the position our owners have put us in. IMO I think we need to head in to the draft and simply draft the best player and then figure it out. Looking at OL only I think trading down likely makes the most sense unless a stud falls.

Cool:

- Trade down and draft Morgan and figure out what the best combo is with him and Smith on the left side? Cool.

Not Cool:
- Drafting 2 OLmen in the 1st 3 rounds? Horrible roster management and we can't afford to do this with the gaping holes on defense. Give a youngster a chance. NOT COOL.
- Drafting someone more raw like Guyton at 24 and asking him to flip sides to LT? (I like him more than most - and probably ok in trade down). NOT COOL.
Fautanu is going to some team before the Cowboys pick at 24.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can't help but to wonder what Jerry & Son have in store to sufficiently impose misery and grief upon their suffering team. :huh:

Could that somehow be what Jerry had in mind when he spoke so incessantly about "going all-in"? Inquiring fans need to know!

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Honestly I would be perfectly fine going with two OL in the first three rounds. I'd have zero issues with them being 'All In' on fixing the Oline. If they can grab one of the top 2 Centers round 1 I wouldnt hesitate, and there are some interesting T prospects that should be there rounds 2 and 3 that are probably worth the gambles.

The defense certainly has some holes that need addressed, but I think that side of the ball can at least be average with what they have now and assuming mostly good health. I think the #1 way to keep this team competitive in 2024 is by loading up on the offensive side of the ball. I would love to see this team go OL, RB, OL with their first three picks, even though I'm skeptical that happens.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Cool:

Not Cool:
I think we need to brace ourselves to the idea that anything could happen in this draft.

No one has any idea what is going on in GM Jethro's mind.

Motorola

Reaction score

Cool:

Not Cool:
2 days and 5 hours+ plus before the proceedings begin....you won't weigh in if something significant happens tomorrow or Thursday daytime that tilts the draft landscape re OLine choices by other teams?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
yeah I had to back of that here recently too, taking 2 OL within round 1-3. Barton if we could get him would cover "position flex" the guy that's only played 8 games, I'm not sure about him. I say trade down, see if anything you can get Frazier, you have depth at the O-line already here. Get an OL then get your LB and RB in whatever order for these next 2 positions

Aven8

Reaction score
I just can’t see Mims playing long at his weight. The dude is too heavy IMO.