Final Practice Report

plasticman

Reaction score
We could have really used a healthy Tyron Smith that was as near 100% as he could possibly be at this point in his career. The Eagles defensive line is going to be a challenge. You can bet they will be prepared to torment anyone at LT not named Smith.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That means the Cowboys’ elevations are more about in-game participation than backup plans this week. The roster shuffled a bit this week after the club lost two practice squadders, both only in town for a short stint. TE Eric Saubert, who was elevated last week and guard Chris Glaser are gone, and in is Dakoda Shepley for another stint with the club.

As far as game-day elevations go, Dallas will once again bring up LB Rashaan Evans, who logged seven defensive snaps along with 13 on special teams. The other elevation will be… no one. The Cowboys are only bringing up one player, indicating they feel secure in their OL depth. A good sign for Smith’s and Edoga’s availability.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/gallery/cowboys-eagles-2023-week-9-53-man-roster/

CCBoy

Reaction score
When Tyron Smith suffered a stinger in practice late last week, there was hope he’d still be available for the Week 8 showdown against the Rams. But in the moments leading up to kickoff, the Cowboys determined it was better to keep their former All-Pro LT on the sideline.

This week in the practices leading up to the Cowboys’ enormous matchup with the NFC East leading Eagles, Smith’s status is again in jeopardy.

The team’s plan is for him to play on Sunday. That much has been made clear. But as everyone knows by now, plans don’t always work out when they’re based on health.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/03/cowboys-tyron-smith-status-importance-week-9/

Later in the game against the Rams, Edoga had to leave the field after suffering a nasty looking ankle injury. He’s returned to practice this week and appears good to go in Philadelphia. This means chances are slim LT duties will fall on fifth-round rookie Asim Richards again. That’s obviously a good thing for Dak Prescott’s blindside.

Even with Smith having a somewhat down year in 2023, the falloff from him to Edoga is regarded as rather significant. It will limit what the offense can do and how comfortable Prescott can play in the pocket.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
HWTB talked about Mccarthys practice week starting off slow and ramping up throughout the week and having a final practice on Saturday.

JG did it the opposite and eased up towards game day.

Shannon1

Reaction score
Actually your eyes would be broke then or maybe this is not English enough it shows that both players are equally questionable equally limited therefore equally could both be both out or the opposite scenario can happen if I'm the Dallas Cowboys I'm probably just go ahead and throw Richards into the wolves and let him go help him out with a lot of chips over there... I'd rather have a healthy player then two broken down players in this game I mean but your assessment like the other ridiculous post about there's zero chance Tyrone 's gonna play I don't know what you're looking at it looks the same to me and by the way if he was really close to going a game time decision last week it's more than likely they're gonna try him out again right before the game and see if he can go how he's feeling how he's turning his neck those stingers are weird one day they're there the next morning you wake up and they're not.....
He is playing