Final Pre-Draft Mock

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I see Diggs as a zone only kinda guy. I like Johnson, but see Fulton as a slightly better athlete with good tape against better competition.

Fulton might be the better cover corner, but I see better ball skills with the other two. Diggs is raw, but he is the prototype CB that the Cowboys usually target-great length

cnuball21

Reaction score
I wouldnt hate Dantzler some time in day 2. I think he could possibly develop into #1 CB. The combine time scares me. But I think he is fasted then that. Not pro day time faster lol, but faster

Man the combine KILLED Dantlzer's stock IMO...he has arguably the best tape of anyone in the SEC against LSU and then he ran a 4.6.

Tough call with him because the tape is rock solid but the athleticism tells you the odds are against him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have Diggs, Jaylon Johnson ahead of Fulton, but all three should be 1st rd picks.
Fultons stock seens to be the 25-40 range. Im good with taking him at higher side of that range considering we are getting another pick out of it. Also helps that I am confident Fulton is a day 1 contributor

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I wouldnt hate Dantzler some time in day 2. I think he could possibly develop into #1 CB. The combine time scares me. But I think he is fasted then that. Not pro day time faster lol, but faster

Arnette, Dantzler and the Virginia CB are the usual prospects that fall. Team may have to trade their 4th rd pick to secure a quality CB. I can live with Dantzler, but I see a lot of laziness in his game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man the combine KILLED Dantlzer's stock IMO...he has arguably the best tape of anyone in the SEC against LSU and then he ran a 4.6.

Tough call with him because the tape is rock solid but the athleticism tells you the odds are against him.
Something must have happened with that run. He cant be a 4.6 guy. He's pro day time is rather dubious, but he is probably a higher side of 4.4 guy. 4.45-4.49

Mr_437

Reaction score
Burgess and Pittman are two of my favorite mid-round prospects. Wouldn't be surprised if we had to go a round higher for each of 'em though.
I've done many mock simulations, very hard to land a quality CB in rd 2. No issue with the CB Selection, especially with an additional pick. Pittman/Burgess draft slot might be rd higher, but I like both players. Very good class!
What position would either of you play Burgess?

Williamsboys

Reaction score
I love this draft and as funny as it sounds I rather have cornerback Clemson cornerback Terrell over Fulton.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Something must have happened with that run. He cant be a 4.6 guy. He's pro day time is rather dubious, but he is probably a higher side of 4.4 guy. 4.45-4.49

He ran with the same timers the other guys did though. We can chalk it up as a bad day but if you split the difference on his pro day he's still a low 4.5s guy.

I'd probably take a gamble on him in round 3.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ruiz.
if corner I like Diggs over Fulton but I know that’s subjective

Do you think Ruiz is a significant upgrade from McGovern who was a top 60ish pick a year ago? I do not, so I do not so don't really see C as a big need.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Do you think Ruiz is a significant upgrade from McGovern who was a top 60ish pick a year ago? I do not, so I do not so don't really see C as a big need.

i absolutely do. And the added bonus is if McGovern is that good he will take over LG and you’ve upgraded two spots. Then CWill becomes swing tackle and you’ve upgraded 3 spots.

cnuball21

Reaction score
i absolutely do. And the added bonus is if McGovern is that good he will take over LG and you’ve upgraded two spots. Then CWill becomes swing tackle and you’ve upgraded 3 spots.

Id disagree. Most boards have Ruiz in the 40s so I don’t even view him as a 1st rounder.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If Dallas can land Pittman in rd 3 and Burgess in rd 4, it's a home run no matter how you look at it.

Unfortunately, I think Pittman is going very early second......if not earlier.