Final Thoughts: Juggling The DL, Guarding Julio

waving monkey

Reaction score
First and foremost, it’s mid-November – and the injury report reflects that. The Cowboys look about as beat up as they’ve been all year, and they’ll likely have to shuffle some things to get through this game.

On top of that, this is probably the most explosive offense that Dallas has faced all season. The Falcons have an MVP talent at quarterback and a possible Hall of Famer catching passes from him. Healthy or not, the Cowboys figure to have their hands full with this one.

So here’s my breakdown of what to expect as we get ready for an early kick in Atlanta:

· I’m feeling good about Tyron Smith and Zack Martin for their availability this week. There were some questions early in the week about Smith’s back and Martin’s knee, but both players appear to have worked through those issues. Xavier Su’a-Filo will once again get the start for Connor Williams.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/final-thoughts-juggling-the-dl-guarding-julio

Reaction score
Typical Cowboy luck, the team is facing a real offense for the first time all year and their deepest position group is plagued with so many injuries they're calling up the likes of Caraun Reid and Christian Ringo,,,, who?. Now would be a great time for the offense to carry the team. A repeat of their 2nd half performance against the Eagles ought to do it.

GenoT

Reaction score
Typical Cowboy luck, the team is facing a real offense for the first time all year and their deepest position group is plagued with so many injuries they're calling up the likes of Caraun Reid and Christian Ringo,,,, who?. Now would be a great time for the offense to carry the team. A repeat of their 2nd half performance against the Eagles ought to do it.
Agree that our offense needs to come out strong, but we’re gonna need more than 27pts to beat Atlanta — especially with our banged-up D.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll make it simple. We have enough on D that I think they'll keep us in the game if our offense can play. If our O-Line can give Dak time I think we can win. But Dallas can't telegraph every time they are passing because the defense just pins their ears back and pass rushes. No worry about the run. That's the worst case scenario. Stuff Zeke then pass rush Dak in shotgun. This offense can't continue to be this stupid. The idea is to play the percentages, not against them. Make them run rush and Dak will be ok.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
When we have the ball, score.
When they have the ball, don't let them score.

If we do that we should be good.
This tactical concept is of a most foreign design, as I've been indoctrinated to believe our objective was to battle it out to a draw with a tie score at the games end,,,:huh:

Creeper

Reaction score
The weakest part of the defense is DT and that's where the Cowboys are the most injured. If the Falcons are smart they will attack the middle of the Cowboys line.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
stay agressive, keep Zeke going, dont consider them a threat
I definitely consider them a threat with that offense. That team is the epitome of “Any Given Sunday”... break out game. That, and they’re at home for this game.

No way do I take them lightly. Their backs are against the wall. Expect their best.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sincerely hope those are not my final thoughts. I was hoping for something in the alluring, provocative and sexy arena or my final thought could be 'where'd I leave my keys'?