Finally home today!!!

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
After 7 months and 3 days away from my family, (6 months and 18 days at sea) we finally return home in about 7 hours!! To top it all off this is my 7th and final deployment, only fitting it was an around-the-world cruise, we went to Guam, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai (twice), Rhodes Greece, and Lisbon Portugal. It will finallly be nice to see my wife and two boys again and catch up on what has gone on for the past 7 months.

And then, come September 19th, I'll be at Texas Stadium for the first time watching the Skins get skinned and the Triplets go into the Ring of Honor.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Well done and a I'd like to express sincere appreciation. THANK YOU.

Hey, btw, did you get the Randy White stuff?

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Well done and a I'd like to express sincere appreciation. THANK YOU.

Hey, btw, did you get the Randy White stuff?
Nope, unfortunately we had to hightail it across the Atlantic and we haven't recieved any mail in over a week since we left Portugal, but it's probably sitting on the pier waiting to be brought on the ship when we get in. I'll let you know!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Well done and welcome home and stay off this board for a while....if you know what I mean :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
After 7 months and 3 days away from my family, (6 months and 18 days at sea) we finally return home in about 7 hours!! To top it all off this is my 7th and final deployment, only fitting it was an around-the-world cruise, we went to Guam, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai (twice), Rhodes Greece, and Lisbon Portugal. It will finallly be nice to see my wife and two boys again and catch up on what has gone on for the past 7 months.

And then, come September 19th, I'll be at Texas Stadium for the first time watching the Skins get skinned and the Triplets go into the Ring of Honor.
Welcome home CPO Sharkey.

:grin:

I can't thank you enough for your service to this country. I've enjoyed the articles and pictures you sent via e-mail, but I'd damn sure rather have you home with your wife.

Now you get to be a landlubber.

Nukeman

S.H.A.D.O. Commander
Reaction score
Welcome back - safe and sound - to the good ol' USA. Hope you get settled in quickly. And, yup, thanks...sincerely.

Go Cowboys!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
You hightailed it across the Atlantic?

That's some funny stuff.

I "hightail" it to 7-11 to get a Slurpee.

You cross oceans.

:p:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Welcome back, buddy.

I'm sure your family is excited to see you.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Welcome home IC... good to have you back...

Thanks for your service to all of us...

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
What ship where\are you on? Welcome back.
I'm on the USS Carl Vinson... we are headed in for a refueling of the reactors so we aren't going anywhere for a while.. boy it's nice to be home. Hopefully you will understand why it took me a few days to reply.. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
I'm on the USS Carl Vinson... we are headed in for a refueling of the reactors so we aren't going anywhere for a while.. boy it's nice to be home. Hopefully you will understand why it took me a few days to reply.. :D
Why are you posting? :D

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Welcome back IC! Thanks for your service. NOW... go spend time with your family... We'll all be here when life normalizes for you again.. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Princess said:
Welcome back IC! Thanks for your service. NOW... go spend time with your family... We'll all be here when life normalizes for you again.. :D
What is this life of which you speak? :laugh1:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
What is this life of which you speak? :laugh1:

The Cowboys of course... Monday Night Football, Sundays and the 2 a yr whippings of the skins...

THAT is normal life for us