Financial philosophy shift on OL?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Team has poured a ton of money into the OL over the years and has zero to show for it. Wonder if they have decided to try and do something different and go cheap?

- no Tyron
- not re-signing Biadasz
- last year of Zack
- maybe last year of Steele if he doesn’t rebound.

Tyler, Bass, Asim and some rookies coming in make for a cheap lineup.
I think it is unbelievable strategy. Build everywhere except the trenches on both sides of the ball. No one has ever done it before. How do we know that it won't work until someone gives it a chance. I think we should commit at least 3 years to see if it works or not.

MakeTrance the starter and let him run for his life.

Aven8

Reaction score
Probably not a good game to use because the opponent may have checked out already, but can’t help but think about that last game against Washington and how good they looked with some of those younger more agile bucks.
We also moved the ball against Zona as well and that was their first action ever. Remember we moved the ball at will. Just couldn’t score in the red zone.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Team has poured a ton of money into the OL over the years and has zero to show for it. Wonder if they have decided to try and do something different and go cheap?

- no Tyron
- not re-signing Biadasz
- last year of Zack

Blame Jerry for the oline debacle. I've said it many times that we should be investing in the trenches. Last year we wasted a 2nd rounder on a TE. We could have otherwise traded that pick or drafted oline.

Same with the other years. We failed to invest in the trenches and it has come to bite us.

Please Jerry just go away. Your the reason why this team is such as mess.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Blame Jerry for the oline debacle. I've said it many times that we should be investing in the trenches. Last year we wasted a 2nd rounder on a TE. We could have otherwise traded that pick or drafted oline.

Same with the other years. We failed to invest in the trenches and it has come to bite us.

And some so called experts have us mocked at drafting a WR or a DB.

Proof

Reaction score
It seems Ball and Waletzko are, at best, marginal backups. There is really no one waiting in the wings other than, perhaps, Asim.

But, for once in a long time, need meets a real strength in the draft. I fully expect the Cowboys to draft an OT in the first
hoffman? i truly don't have any opinion of him, but recall several people singing his praises last year.

Proof

Reaction score

i mean, we lost one of the best linemen in the biz to a freak disease. not sure i "blame" jerry.

Silverz1972

Reaction score

- no Tyron
- not re-signing Biadasz
- last year of Zack

Dak gets rid of the ball fast they migt be able to play with just zeke on OL.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Well said. And if this team implodes in 2024 or even just underperforms, a whole new “scheme”, HC, coordinators, etc will come in. IMO they would have been better off blowing it up this year.

I‘m hard pressed to remember when hanging a coaching staff out over a cliff with one year deals in place like this results in a great season. Maybe it’s happened before, I just can’t remember when.
They should have fired the whole coaching staff. Start fresh. After that playoff game there is no way I bring any of them back. Draft BPA for the next coaching staff. Mike is going tobe done after this year.

plymkr

Reaction score
hoffman? i truly don't have any opinion of him, but recall several people singing his praises last year.
Hofman and Bass played well in the limited time they played. They showed to be adequate backups. Hofman could be a solid backup, Bass could be a solid starter if he makes a jump in his 2nd year. So those players were a welcome surprise. But they didn’t play well enough to be comfortable going into next season as starters. If they are starters then our offensive line has regressed. The idea of :
Edoga
Tyler
Bass
Martin
Steele
Vaughn
Dowdle
Hunter
If that’s our running game going into next season we are really going to struggle.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

- no Tyron
- not re-signing Biadasz
- last year of Zack

It’s bad man.