Finding positives in last night's game

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
It's not easy but sadly only one thing really stuck out for Dallas as a big positive: Miles Austin

He had 5 kick returns w/ an avg of 29.6yds. Not bad at all.

Then again, it's not good when your kick returner has 5 opportunities to return kicks so....

Let's just hope this motivates the team for the rest of the season.

Let's Go Cowboys!

Eddie

Reaction score
Let's hope last night's game refocuses the team.

We have the Falcons on the agenda next. Time to mourn is over.

The team has work to do.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We also made a heck of a goaline stand against the Saints late in the game, they didn't move an inch.

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Really though, I think Whitten is there a lot if we just start using him more.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
noshame;1225392 said:
We also made a heck of a goaline stand against the Saints late in the game, they didn't move an inch.

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Really though, I think Whitten is there a lot if we just start using him more.

We have no Whitten on our team.

We do have a Witten.

Sorry, not picking on you, just a pet peeve of mine.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1225418 said:
We have no Whitten on our team.

We do have a Witten.

Sorry, not picking on you, just a pet peeve of mine.

Good for you. Mine is useless mods. Oh jeez, I forgot the :) JK BP

starfrombirth

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225419 said:
JJ's big run. Thats got to help his confidence some.

it wasn't just that big run. It seemed to me that he did something with it every time he touched the ball. As far as I remember he only had 1run go for less than 4 yards. Tell me again that BP doesn't have an agenda against him. As soon as he popped off that run Bill got a sour look on his face. Oh don't pop off i'm crazy stuff. Go back and look at the game and you'll see what I mean. And on top of that we ran the ball what 10 times the whole rest of the game? This has got to be the worst game I've ever seen coached by the cowboys. :bang2: :bang2: And what happened to our all world receivers? Against NO they should have had a field day and instead they just looked slow and Old.:eek:

dstew60105

Reaction score
EPL0c0;1225384 said:
It's not easy but sadly only one thing really stuck out for Dallas as a big positive: Miles Austin

Then again, it's not good when your kick returner has 5 opportunities to return kicks so....

Let's Go Cowboys!

The bottom line is we are not as bad as we played and the Saints are not as good as they played. It was the perfect storm and they played the perfect game. Doubt they will do it again. Not saying thwe are better, but they are not 25 points better then Dallas.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Just once I would like to see Jones slow down when he gets in the hole and look and make a cut to the sidelines. Even though he had that big run he had a couple of runs where there appeared to be no one towards the sideline and he ran into a pile in the center of the field like he's been coached to do nothing but that.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
EPL0c0;1225384 said:

Let's Go Cowboys!

Well, he also fumbled one of them, we were lucky to get back.

I really didn't see much good in the game at all. Jones' big run was really the only good thing that happened the entire game, imho.

rubrink

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. :p

I said last night, "If forced to pick a positive in the game, Miles Austin played really well on Special Teams. Oh wait, he fumbled it. That figures." :p

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
starfrombirth;1225448 said:
it wasn't just that big run. It seemed to me that he did something with it every time he touched the ball. As far as I remember he only had 1run go for less than 4 yards. Tell me again that BP doesn't have an agenda against him. As soon as he popped off that run Bill got a sour look on his face. Oh don't pop off i'm crazy stuff. Go back and look at the game and you'll see what I mean. And on top of that we ran the ball what 10 times the whole rest of the game? This has got to be the worst game I've ever seen coached by the cowboys. :bang2: :bang2: And what happened to our all world receivers? Against NO they should have had a field day and instead they just looked slow and Old.:eek:
1 big run at the start of the game.. Great play but after that... Jones had 9 carries for 39yds (4.3yds/carry avg). I don't understand how/why they got away from the run game so quickly/early. 12 total carries for Jones/Barber is pathetic. If he has an agenda against Jones, then it's worse for Barber b/c he only had 2 carries last night (for -1yd).

I do have to say that both the offense and defense were less than vanilla. 12 carries? Roy had 3 tackles...and as many blown coverages. Maybe we should make him a LB. There was nothing about O or D that really made me say "WOW." Late in the game seemed all they were doing it is chucking it up hoping for PI calls. Barber/Crayton/Fasano/Hurd none? (1 attempt to Crayton that I recall).

(example of bad offense) 1st and goal from the NO 8.
1st-Jones up the middle for 2
2nd-Romo pass (INC)
3rd-Romo pass (INC).
4th-FG Good

Where was Marion Barber?!??? Was Bill using the Giants' playbook?

This was NOT the same Dallas offense we've been seeing the last few weeks. I just don't get it.