Fine Coming For The Cowboys?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;2342673 said:
Then again, if the Cowboys are required to fork over to the Human Fund the wages that Pacman would have earned over the next four weeks, will it really deter the billionaire who owns the team from taking risks in the name of winning games?
Don't listen to Florio, Jerry! Make it rain, Jerry! :jackpot: Make it rain!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a loophole, it's a fact. If this had been a player with no past history of "incidents", the scuffle, fight, drinking, whatever would have been a none story. You cannot fine a team for the action of a specific player if you would not do the same for any other player in the league who committed the same offense.

Suspend the player? Absolutely .. I would even fine the player if I were the league on top of the pay checks the player will lose while suspended. Treat all players on all teams the same when it comes to fining a team though.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Have other teams been fined? I could easily have missed announcements for these fines for other team. They could also have been buried or just not reported. Anything related to Dallas will always be reported. They are a premier franchise. Anyway I was just curious if any team had been hit yet with these new policies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2342711 said:
Guys that is Mike Florio talking out his arse if anything Jerry will be fined nothing more

I agree. PacMan's situation is unique. As someone noted, it has more to do with his "stricter" reinstatement guidelines than the personal conduct policy.

I doubt Dallas will receive a fine.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
links18;2342794 said:
Fair enough, but reinstating him does not mean a team has to hire him. I just can't imagine Goodell being happy about a trade which gives us an out if he gets in trouble and actually gives us an incentive not to take disciplinary action on our own and defer it to the NFL. I mean think about it, if Pac gets hurt or starts to suck real bad, under the terms of the trade, we actually have an incentive for the NFL to suspend him, so we can recoup draft picks. Still, the NFL approved of the trade so.......

Yes, the NFL approved the trade and the contract. Plus Goodell didn't just reinstate him out of the blue. Pacman was not fully reinstated until late in the preseason. He had already signed with Dallas. Goodell didn't reinstate him hoping someone would not sign him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dont worry guys, the Commish isnt going to do jack.

Pac will never play in the NFL again, that I am positive of that, but the notion that we would lose picks is pure fantasy.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
if we get fined,Jerry will just donate more money to the Salvation Army.No big deal,the man donates lots of money to begin with.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2342760 said:
Then why reinstate him in the first place if you're so worried about him screwing up again? Goodell needs to look in the mirror first.

So because marriages fail more commonly than they succeed then why bother.

You save and help those that will and you can. AJ is at high risk right now. Possibly for his life. That means something to me.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2342711 said:
Guys that is Mike Florio talking out his arse if anything Jerry will be fined nothing more
Dont be so sure. Godell is a cowboy-hating northeastern liberal.he will do whatever it takes to hurt the cowboys.PERIOD!