Fire alarm goes off during Lovie Smith/Texans Presser

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I appreciate the optics and opportunity, but this was an awful hire.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
No disrespect to Lovie, i think he is a good guy. But this fire alarm going off may be a premonition of coming events. There's your sign.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No disrespect to Lovie, i think he is a good guy. But this fire alarm going off may be a premonition of coming events. There's your sign.
I think they truly felt he was the most qualified HC. I think the guy has been handed bad teams and overachieved. The Bears way overachieved with him. Its a testament 2 him and the drafting. Texans did good hiring him. Watch out if the Texans get a decent QB. Smith will surprise folks. Mike Fisher and many others piling on , railing against the Texans for making this hire is insane. Mike acts like he was in the room when the Texans were having these coaching discussions the last few weeks. I am willing to give them a chance. I like the hire.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lovie Smith................give me a break! This type of hire is what's wrong with this league.
While not a sexy hire, I luv the fit. The players luv the guy. If he can draft his guys, watch out. I wanna see how committed they are to him long term. The team needs stability and some success. He can bring that. ownership needs to give him the tools to succeed.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I can’t believe they fired Culley after one season breaking in a rookie QB . This franchise makes the Cowboys front office look like Los Alamos lab with all the dumb moves Bill O’Brien and that gang were involved with . O’Brien Judge Joe Flores Josh McDaniel ….holy smokes that’s quite the coaching “ tree “ Bill Belechick planted ….ugh .

Speaking of Judge Joe he’s headed back to the Patriots as some kind of offensive coach for Boss Bill . Old boys network . Just recycle like Aluminum cans .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it is a wait and see thing, he was decent coach back with the bears.
any word on watson, or where when he will play??
I wonder if watson approved of lovie, so then he would stay in houston?

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Can’t believe anyone is hiring this guy. Next thing you know hue Jackson is hired again.

If you must hire a black coach, give one of the young guys a chance. These guys have already had a chance and failed miserably.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Can’t believe anyone is hiring this guy. Next thing you know hue Jackson is hired again.

If you must hire a black coach, give one of the young guys a chance. These guys have already had a chance and failed miserably.

How does going to a SB twice once as HC once as an assistant “ failed miserably “ ? How about the name Jonathan Gannon getting HC interviews. Yeah the guy who was the DC on a miserable Eagles defense the Bucs ran out the gym in the playoffs. Fact that he’s even mentioned as HC material is laughable .

Flamma

Reaction score
I think they truly felt he was the most qualified HC. I think the guy has been handed bad teams and overachieved. The Bears way overachieved with him. Its a testament 2 him and the drafting. Texans did good hiring him. Watch out if the Texans get a decent QB. Smith will surprise folks. Mike Fisher and many others piling on , railing against the Texans for making this hire is insane. Mike acts like he was in the room when the Texans were having these coaching discussions the last few weeks. I am willing to give them a chance. I like the hire.

The Texans actually have a decent QB.