Fire Chief Resigns After Using Racial Slur Towards Tomlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
A white Pennsylvania volunteer fire chief has reportedly resigned after calling the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach a “no good n****r” over the black coach’s decision to skip the national anthem on Sunday.

Volunteer Fire Chief Paul Smith of the Muse Fire Department in Cecil Township confirmed his abrupt departure to the local Observer-Reporter on Tuesday, two days after lashing out on Facebook about coach Mike Tomlin’s decision to stay with his players in the locker room during the national anthem.

He told WPXI News that he was “frustrated and angry” over Tomlin’s decision, prompting the racist remark.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/fire-chief-resigns-using-racial-215253431.html

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
A white Pennsylvania volunteer fire chief has reportedly resigned after calling the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach a “no good n****r” over the black coach’s decision to skip the national anthem on Sunday.

Volunteer Fire Chief Paul Smith of the Muse Fire Department in Cecil Township confirmed his abrupt departure to the local Observer-Reporter on Tuesday, two days after lashing out on Facebook about coach Mike Tomlin’s decision to stay with his players in the locker room during the national anthem.

He told WPXI News that he was “frustrated and angry” over Tomlin’s decision, prompting the racist remark.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/fire-chief-resigns-using-racial-215253431.html

So get angry and throw a racial slur out?

I'm sure he's sorry, but sorry for what? It's how he felt, so is he apologizing because it's wrong, or apologizing because he expressed his true feelings about how he feels about African Americans?

Sometimes stuff like this opens ones eyes who made that statement and realize they need to be better.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
So get angry and throw a racial slur out?

I'm sure he's sorry, but sorry for what? It's how he felt, so is he apologizing because it's wrong, or apologizing because he expressed his true feelings about how he feels about African Americans?

Sometimes stuff like this opens ones eyes who made that statement and realize they need to be better.
He had a LIST of no good ******s.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
@JoeKing @stilltheguru88

Come on guys let's be better yea? No need to challenge anyone to a fight. We are all passionate about this situation.

Joe I appreciate and thank you for your service, and we do not need to fight our veterans over differences in views. I make it a point to hire retired veterans, as since joining my company I've had the honor to hire a retired senior chief who happens to be a good friend and an Army reserve. I will be hiring more as we grow. I'm doing something for our vets.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You are a good man. I too hire veteran fallen on their luck. It's a noble gesture to do your part for a grateful nation.

Thank you, but it's the right thing to do. My grandfathers both fought for this country along with many of my best friends growing up and some have died. It's the least I can do. It angers me to see how some are left on the streets and never given a chance. I refuse to stand for that. It ain't right at all

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Thank you, but it's the right thing to do. My grandfathers both fought for this country along with many of my best friends growing up and some have died. It's the least I can do. It angers me to see how some are left on the streets and never given a chance. I refuse to stand for that. It ain't right at all
God bless you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thread closed because a few posters couldn't keep it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.