Firefox

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Just went over to Firefox...can anyone tell me why my resolution changed, and how can I get it comparable to what I was used to?

Thanks...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Just went over to Firefox...can anyone tell me why my resolution changed, and how can I get it comparable to what I was used to?

Thanks...

I've never heard of such CR... perhpas you need to reset your resolution locally?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Alright...spent a while with this now, here are the issues I am having with Firefox:

1. Resolution - no other proggie is affected, this is on my laptop. My PC did not have the problem, but I have not discovered a fix as of yet.

2. At this sight, if I click the top banner to get back to the home page, all I get is a black screen. It tells me it is loaded, but it quite obviously is not. This only applied to the banner.

3. I use an e-mail system online that uses Outlook on the internet. When I log it, it is noticibly different. Is firefox not compatible with Outlook Web Access? (Don't tell me to switch to gmail - I have an account there - but I still need this account).

Any help would be appreciated (and lack thereof will lead me to denouncing what otherwise is a very nifty little program).

Thanks,
CR

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Alright...spent a while with this now, here are the issues I am having with Firefox:

1. Resolution - no other proggie is affected, this is on my laptop. My PC did not have the problem, but I have not discovered a fix as of yet.

2. At this sight, if I click the top banner to get back to the home page, all I get is a black screen. It tells me it is loaded, but it quite obviously is not. This only applied to the banner.

3. I use an e-mail system online that uses Outlook on the internet. When I log it, it is noticibly different. Is firefox not compatible with Outlook Web Access? (Don't tell me to switch to gmail - I have an account there - but I still need this account).

Any help would be appreciated (and lack thereof will lead me to denouncing what otherwise is a very nifty little program).

Thanks,
CR

I'm using Firefox and when I click the banner, the screen goes black as well but it's only for a second or two and it loads right up like it should. I am no expert but thought I would share that because of what you said about the banner. Good Luck.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

I wonder if it's really the resolution that has changed, or if it's just small text that's annoying you... if it's the latter, click on "View" at the top, then "Text Size", then "Increase"... if you like large text, do it 2 or 3 times...

I can't offer you much help on the Outlook problem, I use Eudora and have had no negative effects from switching over to Firefox... I kinda doubt that Firefox is causing your problems, though...

FYI, Mozilla has a free e-mail program that you might wanna check into, called Thunderbird...

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Silverbear may have helped you with the answer you need about the resolution.....you may just need to adjust the settings on the browser.

Not sure about the email problem....I use the standard outlook express and never have used the mozilla email program.

One other thing....maybe you should unintall the program...download it and install it again....may have just got a corrupt copy.