Video: Firestone Time Commercial

What was your reaction to the commercial?

• Total voters

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always thought the Dos Equis the most interesting man in the world commercials were a little odd.

I don't always drink beer but when I do...

So you usually drink other products and on occasion you drink the beer you are being paid to promote? Just odd to me.
The most interesting man in the world prefers the highest quality alcohol--the rarest wine vintage, the most robust bourbon, etc. The manufacturer implies Dos Equis is the only beer he drinks because it is highest quality beer on the market. The commercial's message targets customers who actively seek unique characteristics in the products they purchase. It's a niche marketing tactic.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most interesting man in the world prefers the highest quality alcohol--the rarest wine vintage, the most robust bourbon, etc. The manufacturer implies Dos Equis is the only beer he drinks because it is highest quality beer on the market. The commercial's message targets customers who actively seek unique characteristics in the products they purchase. It's a niche marketing tactic.

I understand what he is getting at. I just think it is kind of crazy for you to promote a product by saying...I don't always drink beer but when I do blah blah blah.

In some ways I here it saying...I normally only eat at high end 5 star sit down restaurants however when I do feel like lowering myself to fast food standard restaurants I prefer Burger King. LOL Of course maybe that is just my warped mind when I hear those commercials.

Other commercials that irritate me or make my warped mind do back flips are the ones where they are basically showing cannibalism...Like the lays potato chip commercial with the potato head characters eating lays potato chips. Sure it is a humorous situation but pretty freaking twisted when you think about it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other commercials that irritate me or make my warped mind do back flips are the ones where they are basically showing cannibalism...Like the lays potato chip commercial with the potato head characters eating lays potato chips. Sure it is a humorous situation but pretty freaking twisted when you think about it.
That one irritates me as well. Axe body spray commercials get on my nerves for two reasons. First, they market it like it's an aphrodisiac to attract women, but use male actors who are usually handsome enough to not have the need to use it for that purpose. Second, I hate being around some guys who buy the product. It's like some guys coat their entire body's with the stuff. It's enough to gag you. I can only wonder how women may feel about guys they can smell coming from a mile away wearing the spray.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That one irritates me as well. Axe body spray commercials get on my nerves for two reasons. First, they market it like it's an aphrodisiac to attract women, but use male actors who are usually handsome enough to not have the need to use it for that purpose. Second, I hate being around some guys who buy the product. It's like some guys coat their entire body's with the stuff. It's enough to gag you. I can only wonder how women may feel about guys they can smell coming from a mile away wearing the spray.

LOL My wife likes the body wash and I tell her to pick out whatever scent she likes as it really makes no difference to me as long as it cleans. The spray is another story altogether. She says if I am going to wear something just stick with cologne.