Fireworks

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is going on? Fireworks have been going off every night for two weeks now. I know it is getting close to July 4th but this is unusual. I am not talking blackcats, bottle rockets and the small stuff but professional fireworks have been the norm. My dogs are at wits end......

I have never witnessed this to that extreme, we have the big hitters right over us for awhile now and sick of it :thumbdown:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fortunately I haven't heard much here yet, so maybe that means storming over to the neighbor's house and telling them to "knock this $#*+ off!" stuck.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've been hearing them for the last couple of nights. Pretty much ever since the fireworks stands opened up nearby.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some are reacting to the usual celebrations being cancelled and just reacting to the overall situation. Noise = defiance.

Where I live, they have a pretty strict code and an overabundance of officers and they mean it when that say no fireworks and the county hasn't dropped the No Burn Ban. Add to that a town with well over their quota of "get off my lawn" people and they're better off to try and rob one of the local banks.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Only heard some going off where I live. Neighbors kids set off one of those bricks in the street that go on forever, shooting out stuff to which I thought great, my car is out there. Luckily they weren't too close to it.

My city had canceled the festivities but will still be doing an aerial display on the 4th. Some of the fall festivals have already been called off too upsetting people.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously, I was cheated as a child. My father would buy fireworks that went bang and boom when they popped. Nowadays they can shake the foundations of your house.

Seriously. When did it become legal for fireworks to be sold as dynamite grade?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously, I was cheated as a child. My father would buy fireworks that went bang and boom when they popped. Nowadays they can shake the foundations of your house.

Seriously. When did it become legal for fireworks to be sold as dynamite grade?
I don't think it did, really...at least not for the casual citizen.