First look at the new guy playing the greatest hero the world has ever known

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I'm talking about Superman of course. :D

I don't know, I'm having a hard time buying it. Christopher Reeve will always be Superman to me.

supermanreturnsfirstlooksma.jpg

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
And to complete the transformation to total dorkdom, I have included a pic of the new Batman. :D

Although, you folks have probably already seen what he looks like in a recent trailer at the movies.

bbnew10.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it me or is the blue unis too blue. They look very cartoonish. I like the faded look all the other Supermen wore.

Yeah Reeve was the best Superman, I think. He was also the cutest. Altho this cat is a VERY close 2nd...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
George Reeves then Christopher Reeves and now this guy.

Time goes on.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Is it me or is the blue unis too blue. They look very cartoonish. I like the faded look all the other Supermen wore.

I didn't notice it but you're right, they did change the blue color. A comparison-

10102842.jpg

sm4xy.jpg

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
George Reeves then Christopher Reeves and now this guy.

Time goes on.

By the way, they're makinga movie about Reeves life and the mysterious events around his murder. I think Ben Affleck plays the part, so I guess you could say he's also a new Superman.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
By the way, they're makinga movie about Reeves life and the mysterious events around his murder. I think Ben Affleck plays the part, so I guess you could say he's also a new Superman.

Murder....I have always heard it was a suicide?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Murder....I have always heard it was a suicide?

Well, I guess the coroner's report labeled it as suicide but I think several people believed it was murder. There were a lot of unexplained events leading up to his death. His death has a following that would make JFK conspiracy theorists proud. Basically, the movie is supposed to cover his wild life and probably ends with its own theory on what happened.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Well, I guess the coroner's report labeled it as suicide but I think several people believed it was murder. There were a lot of unexplained events leading up to his death. His death has a following that would make JFK conspiracy theorists proud. Basically, the movie is supposed to cover his wild life and probably ends with its own theory on what happened.

That sounds interesting.

I have heard scant talk about conspiracy in that topic but always just heard it was ruled a Suicide so I never thought twice about it.

Besides most of what I seen of George was as a youngster and even then that was in re-runs on WGN.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
That sounds interesting.

I have heard scant talk about conspiracy in that topic but always just heard it was ruled a Suicide so I never thought twice about it.

Besides most of what I seen of George was as a youngster and even then that was in re-runs on WGN.

This whole topic got me interested in the movie again and I did a little browsing on the internet and apparently there are three big theories on what happened: one is his crazy girlfriend got pissed and killed him, another is the mafia wacked him and the third is the suicide after getting depressed that he couldn't find jobs after being typecast as Superman. I read that the movie is going to actually focus on an investigation of the murder as Reeves' mother hires a detective to find out what really happened so I guess we get to watch all the evidence and theories as the story plays out.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think this Routh fella looks the part. I grew up watching Reeve, so he was my first exposure to the franchise. But they had to choose someone, and if you are a staunch Reeve fan, noone was going to be good enough.

As far as the new uni being cartoonish, take a good long look at the above picture and the old Reeve uni...

joseephuss

Reaction score
The kid on Smallville looks the part of Superman.

I think Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor will be pretty good. I really enjoyed Gene Hackman in the previous movies.