Round 1 Earl Thomas SS Texas 5-10 197
Round 2 Jason Fox OT Miami 6-6 314
Round 3 A.J. Edds OLB Iowa 6-4 244
Round 4 Myron Lewis CB Vandy 6-3 209
Round 6 Cam Thomas DT NC 6-3 328
Round 7 Terrell Hudgins WR Elon 6-2 236

Hate it or love it.
Earl won't last to #32. ;)

I like the positions you have us taking but it's still too early for me to figure out who I like and when.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My last several mocks have had us taking Jason Fox in the 2nd. I really like the kid. Not so sure on a Safety in round 1 or an OLB at all. ILB is far more likely given age alone. Definitely like your last 3 picks though.

The Realist

Reaction score
Jason Fox was the first prospect I focused on back when I was worried about the future of LT. Great athlete and from Ft. Worth. I'd have no problem taking him and having Free/Fox as our long-term starters at OT. However, now that we know Free will be the LT of the future my number 1 RT target is Jared Veldheer. I want that 6-8/320 guy with 4.9 speed 20-30 yards finishing off plays with Free.

The Realist

Reaction score
Calm down.....he could play ILB in a 3-4 and he is OUTSTANDING in coverage. Had yet another pick in the bowl game.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think Earl will be a great pro and would help us out but I dont think Hamlin has been that bad or bad at all and we have the other Hamlin who should play next year. I love the thought of a monster like Iupati taking over for Kosier (BTW Iupati can play some T too). I also like upgrading our WR corps with a Dez or Damian Williams. Roy will only be here one more season, and that's because of his bloated, uncuttable contract. My dream draft would begin with Iupati in rd 1 and Damian W in round 2, however both of them may be gone by the time we select in rd 1. I'd be thrilled with McClain dropping to us also.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3208841 said:
Calm down.....he could play ILB in a 3-4 and he is OUTSTANDING in coverage. Had yet another pick in the bowl game.

he is that but I think I rather go with

Roddrick Muckelroy, Texas
Height: 6-2. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.

he played the middle lber last nite

I would have a tough time taking either one

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;3208552 said:
Earl won't last to #32. ;)

I like the positions you have us taking but it's still too early for me to figure out who I like and when.

Thanks.

Hostile;3208568 said:
My last several mocks have had us taking Jason Fox in the 2nd. I really like the kid. Not so sure on a Safety in round 1 or an OLB at all. ILB is far more likely given age alone. Definitely like your last 3 picks though.

I think safety is a need for us since I'm not to high on Hamlin and if we don't resign Sensa it makes even more sense. Also the OLB would most likely transit to ILB since he played outside in a 4-3. He's not the pass rushing hybrind type of 3-4 OLB.

The Realist;3208699 said:
Jason Fox was the first prospect I focused on back when I was worried about the future of LT. Great athlete and from Ft. Worth. I'd have no problem taking him and having Free/Fox as our long-term starters at OT. However, now that we know Free will be the LT of the future my number 1 RT target is Jared Veldheer. I want that 6-8/320 guy with 4.9 speed 20-30 yards finishing off plays with Free.

With the way free is playing at RT it does make me feel relieved. The addition of Fox would be good since Free would be able to play both Tackles spots. Which means we'd have a lot of Oline depth.

Bob Sacamano;3208837 said:
I used to really like Jason Fox

but the dude is injury prone

47 career stats.

ghst187;3208958 said:
I think Earl will be a great pro and would help us out but I dont think Hamlin has been that bad or bad at all and we have the other Hamlin who should play next year. I love the thought of a monster like Iupati taking over for Kosier (BTW Iupati can play some T too). I also like upgrading our WR corps with a Dez or Damian Williams. Roy will only be here one more season, and that's because of his bloated, uncuttable contract. My dream draft would begin with Iupati in rd 1 and Damian W in round 2, however both of them may be gone by the time we select in rd 1. I'd be thrilled with McClain dropping to us also.

OG may be a bigger need but I like the play of Koiser. Every year everyone always wants to replace him but he's brings a lot to that left side. If we do draft a G I would like him to be able to play C also to add even more depth. Also I don't see williams landing in the secound round.

ghst187

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3210075 said:
I think safety is a need for us since I'm not to high on Hamlin and if we don't resign Sensa it makes even more sense. Also the OLB would most likely transit to ILB since he played outside in a 4-3. He's not the pass rushing hybrind type of 3-4 OLB.

OG may be a bigger need but I like the play of Koiser. Every year everyone always wants to replace him but he's brings a lot to that left side. If we do draft a G I would like him to be able to play C also to add even more depth. Also I don't see williams landing in the secound round.

I agree but I don't think there's any way we don't get Sensa resigned unless another team comes in with an unmatchable contract offer. We really need him back and I don't think we'll let him go.

I was thinking last night, everytime we need one yard we seem to run behind Kosier, which I find odd because you would presume we'd run behind BIGG. Between that fact and how poorly our OL played with Kosier out a year or so ago....he's obviously invaluable. It'd be great to get Iupati but I don't see how he'd beat out Kosier right now. Kosier's value is also added in that he has helped made Gurode a probowl C. I think Flo will be back next year, Colombo will be back, Free will be back. We have 3 starting caliber OTs. Would be nice to find a star OT to groom behind Flo in this draft but how long before he would play? What if Flo stays two more years. What if Free is too good to beat out after that? What about Brewster? I love Iupati and a number of the OL in this draft but not sure any one them contribute, even with an injury to a starter, next year.

I think the positions that have a better chance to contribute as a rookie would be a stud CB like Warren or Haden...maybe....Newman is good but getting aged and his contract will be up in a year or two. WR, because I still don't like RW, although I would be shocked if we pick a WR on day 1. I think the most pressing need is a LB that can eventually take over fulltime at ILB for Brooking and play some OLB/nickel until then. Carpenter played well this season but he really seems to be limited. There are a lot of good LBs in this draft. McClain is obviously my top choice. I think Spikes would be a big upgrade over Carp. I think Micah Johnson and Daryl Washington would also have potential to eventually play ILB full time or fill in after an injury.
Spears may leave this offseason but I'm not sure Hatcher or Bowen can't fill in effectively. A monster NT like Cody or Boo would be interesting by sliding Rat over but hate to mess with a good thing.
So who do we take? BPA I suppose. I hated and still dislike our draft from last year but I have to give a ton of respect to our scouting dept, I don't think there will be any rookies starting next year. Not only that but Romo, UDFA, Ratliff 7th rd, Crayton 7th rd, Austin UDFA, Jones and Jenkins well worth the 1sts.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
As for McClain i'm pretty sure he'll be the first LB taken and he'll be taken early. Then spikes both of 6hem would most likely be off the board before we even pick. The thing about Brookings replacement is that I feel as though Williams can do that job as well as replace Carp. I think we need a replacement for James. I think Jerry would be hesitant to lock up sensa because of Hamlin. It's really tough to gage the play of a person with a one year contract. Also i think Hamlin sucks. I wouldn't look at CB early despite Newman's age, he's playing damn good football. The Oline depth is nice Free proved to be better than expected. Adding another LT means free can back up both T spots. We still don't know about Brewster. So I have no problem with that. A day 1 WR would be amazing the emergence of Austin was great but to have snother consistent WR out there wouls be even better.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3208539 said:
Round 1 Earl Thomas SS Texas 5-10 197
Round 2 Jason Fox OT Miami 6-6 314
Round 3 A.J. Edds OLB Iowa 6-4 244
Round 4 Myron Lewis CB Vandy 6-3 209
Round 6 Cam Thomas DT NC 6-3 328
Round 7 Terrell Hudgins WR Elon 6-2 236

Hate it or love it.

I actually like this mock quite a bit. I'm a fan of the Thomas and Fox picks especially.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3221238 said:
I actually like this mock quite a bit. I'm a fan of the Thomas and Fox picks especially.

I like Fox a lot and Thomas is a flat out player.