First Mock with trades

dannyboy

Reaction score
I wanted to focus on improving ourselves in the trenches.
I can see us signing T Smith for one more year, but we need a plan for 2025.
Traded back a couple of times and then traded up a couple of times.
Ended up with

41- Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Height: 6 - 4 |Weight: 311 lbs |RAS: N/A
There might not be a more athletic tackle in the nation than Jordan Morgan. He was likely set to be a first-round pick in the 2023 class before tearing his ACL in November. He returned to school to prove he's healthy. Now healthy, he's a fantastic prospect. Morgan takes initiative when blocking and owns most reps because he's so in control of his body. He has great lateral agility and timing with his hands. There's room to improve the angles he'll take in pass protection and handling bull rushes, but those are more technical tweaks than any overhauls. - Ian Valentino

51- Jackson Powers Johnson C Oregon
Height: 6 - 3 |Weight: 320 lbs |RAS: N/A
The 21-year-old already looks and feels like a high-level NFL starter at the fulcrum. His composite profile helped him win the Rimington Trophy in 2023, and that same profile should help him become an impact NFL starter early in his career. At 6’3″, 320 pounds, Powers-Johnson is an explosive and nimble athlete in both the lateral and vertical modes. What’s even more impressive is his power load at that size. Powers-Johnson doesn’t have elite length, but he’s still able to channel massive amounts of power and torque on his extensions, punches, and drive blocks. -Ian Cummings 1/3/24

55- T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
Height: 6 - 4 |Weight: 346 lbs |RAS: N/A
A mammoth at 6'4" and 346 pounds, T'Vondre Sweat is a force to be reckoned with in the middle of the Texas defense. He makes everything else possible for his teammates, holding up extremely well at the point of attack, even against double teams. He's a big part of the reason the Longhorns had such a massively improved front seven in 2022. Sweat's stats aren't impressive due to his role, as he's amassed only 124 tackles and five sacks over five seasons. However, his 2023 season was his best yet, consistently getting into the backfield in addition to demanding double teams. We've seen a trend of huge, athletic DTs going in the first, and Sweat looks poised to be the next. - Ian Valentino

87- Tommy Eichlenburg LB Ohio St
Height: 6 - 2 |Weight: 235 lbs |RAS: N/A
Tommy Eichenberg exploded in 2022 with 120 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, a pick, and three pass deflections. Now, he's projected as one of the top LB prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft. In similar fashion to his statistical ascent, Eichenberg is just as explosive on the field. At 6'2", 235 pounds, he can erupt through gaps and closing ground easily in pursuit, and he plays with a red-hot motor from snap to whistle. -Ian Cummings

Traded our 2 and 3 and received Miami's 2 and 3

Gambit

Reaction score
Like the players.

Don't see JPJ making 24 let alone 55
Morgan struggled some today and arm length is a little less than ideal depending on how rest of week shapes up but he may hurt is stock some

Sydla

Reaction score
I wanted to focus on improving ourselves in the trenches.
I can see us signing T Smith for one more year, but we need a plan for 2025.
Traded back a couple of times and then traded up a couple of times.
Ended up with

41- Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Height: 6 - 4 |Weight: 311 lbs |RAS: N/A
There might not be a more athletic tackle in the nation than Jordan Morgan. He was likely set to be a first-round pick in the 2023 class before tearing his ACL in November. He returned to school to prove he's healthy. Now healthy, he's a fantastic prospect. Morgan takes initiative when blocking and owns most reps because he's so in control of his body. He has great lateral agility and timing with his hands. There's room to improve the angles he'll take in pass protection and handling bull rushes, but those are more technical tweaks than any overhauls. - Ian Valentino

51- Jackson Powers Johnson C Oregon
Height: 6 - 3 |Weight: 320 lbs |RAS: N/A
The 21-year-old already looks and feels like a high-level NFL starter at the fulcrum. His composite profile helped him win the Rimington Trophy in 2023, and that same profile should help him become an impact NFL starter early in his career. At 6’3″, 320 pounds, Powers-Johnson is an explosive and nimble athlete in both the lateral and vertical modes. What’s even more impressive is his power load at that size. Powers-Johnson doesn’t have elite length, but he’s still able to channel massive amounts of power and torque on his extensions, punches, and drive blocks. -Ian Cummings 1/3/24

55- T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
Height: 6 - 4 |Weight: 346 lbs |RAS: N/A
A mammoth at 6'4" and 346 pounds, T'Vondre Sweat is a force to be reckoned with in the middle of the Texas defense. He makes everything else possible for his teammates, holding up extremely well at the point of attack, even against double teams. He's a big part of the reason the Longhorns had such a massively improved front seven in 2022. Sweat's stats aren't impressive due to his role, as he's amassed only 124 tackles and five sacks over five seasons. However, his 2023 season was his best yet, consistently getting into the backfield in addition to demanding double teams. We've seen a trend of huge, athletic DTs going in the first, and Sweat looks poised to be the next. - Ian Valentino

87- Tommy Eichlenburg LB Ohio St
Height: 6 - 2 |Weight: 235 lbs |RAS: N/A
Tommy Eichenberg exploded in 2022 with 120 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, a pick, and three pass deflections. Now, he's projected as one of the top LB prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft. In similar fashion to his statistical ascent, Eichenberg is just as explosive on the field. At 6'2", 235 pounds, he can erupt through gaps and closing ground easily in pursuit, and he plays with a red-hot motor from snap to whistle. -Ian Cummings

Traded our 2 and 3 and received Miami's 2 and 3

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

And cry.

Sydla

Reaction score
Like the players.

Don't see JPJ making 24 let alone 55
Morgan struggled some today and arm length is a little less than ideal depending on how rest of week shapes up but he may hurt is stock some
I think the Oregon kid will go higher than he was initially projected which back a month or so ago was late 2nd. But every year there is a guy or two that the pundits suddenly start ripping up the boards in their mocks and then when the draft comes, he ends up going later than people thought.

My guess is the kid goes somewhere in the late 20s-30s. I think Barton will go off the board first given his flexibility and I don't think there is going to be a run on Cs.

J-man

Reaction score
It's a good draft, but IMHO it's a poor mock

I mean who knows for sure right? But I feel all of those guys will be long gone before you picked them here.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Like the players but high probability the first 2 picks aren’t even available at 24.