First Mock

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2. William Moore, SS

Despite moving Scandrick to the STAR position we still need a true strong safety IMO. Hamlin is more of a FS so taking this guys allows us to keep our options open. Could have been a 1st round pick last year had he come out stock has slipped somewhat but i tmay be on the rise after his Pro Day.

3. Dorrell Scott, NT

After signing Igor i think DE is asafe for this year. I'd have liked Hatcher to show me some more last year and am glad Igor was picked up. It allows us to keep Ratliff at NT and groom Scott over a couple of years, maybe sliding Rat out to DE when Scott is ready. Solid against the run, a better pass rusher and athlete than most give him credit for.

4a Jason Phillips, ILB

A position of need. Its hard to tell how much the meniscus injury will affect Phillips' stock, if at all. I think he's a 3rd/4th round guy anyway so should be a good pickup here. He's in that smaller mould for a 3-4 ILB(235lbs i think), good instincts, and solid tackler.

4b Mark Parson, CB

WE needed CB depth before Scandricks change of position and you can never have enough good ones anyway. This may be a round early fot this guy but he's a real playmaker. Despite not being invited to the combinehe is on the radar of all 32 NFL teams.

5a Kenny McKinley, WR

TO has gone, Stanback is always injured and has shown nothing to warrant another roster spot IMO. McKinley is quick out of his cuts, runs good routes and will be a good solid #3 if nothing else in years to come.

5b Jason Williams, ILB

Played outside backer in college at a small scholl i take him ere with hopes of making him the cover ILB we need. Amazing cover skills, great speed and tackling ability. He may have gone by this point as he has made a big name for himself.

5comp A.Q.Shipley,C

Proctor is on his last legs sdespite his tender, he could be gone and save cap room if AQ can back up Gurode. He could also be that swing guy we need for game days.

6a Joel Bell, OT

Good LT prosdpect, good feet, long arms. May go in round 5 to a team with depth already and the ability to bring him along.

6comp Tony Fiammetta, FB

Anderson has given this team nothing more than average play and if we want to utilise the three headed monster at RB then we need a true lead FB. This is the guy.

7a Brandon Swain, OLB

Played DE in small college. Good quickness and can rush the passer. I take him with the idea to look at him at OLB like Eric walden last year.

7b Jeremy Perry, G

Injuries have cost this guy a shot at being a 3rd round pick. All the talent, slowed by a broken leg and knee injurues. Worth a look at in round 7.

There's one or two spots i'd like to re-look at, namely a 3rd string QB and an OLB in the midrounds(i'd love Sidbury) but at the time they would be taken i think we have more prssing needs.

Some here will say i waited too long to address the OL but i still want to see what we have in Doug Free, Flo is slowing but Free has not had chance to get on the field to prove himself.
I am also quite happy at LG with Kosier and Holland for this year.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is actually a very realistic draft.

I think you have Parsons and McKinley a little high, especially for positions that are not of pressing need, but kudos to a very nicely executed draft.