First offensive play-15 yard penalty

Reaction score
That's just what we need. To have Montrae Holland clock James Harrison, or some other LB on the first play. If it draws a personal foul penalty, oh well. Sometimes 15 yds. are worth it to send a message. Holland seems to have some nasty in him. Smashing Harrison in the mouth would send the Stillers a message that we won't take any crap, and help Holland fit in with his behemoth buddies.

Tampa Bay was the team that got penalized, but when Columbo went at it with Cato June, (I think), it got the whole team fired up. That's what we're going to need on Sunday. Pittsburg is not the top rated defense for nothing. They come at you from all angles, and hit you with a rage from the old school. They intimidate a lot of teams by creating turnovers, and taking the running game out of the picture by getting up big on their opponents.

We've gotta match wicked hit for wicked hit, and show them that the Cowboys are more than just a "glamour team". Time to take it to the next level Boys.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I can almost agree with you. Not that you ever want a 15 yard penalty, or that you should intend to get one on the first play of the game. But I've seen an incredible about of crowing about that hit their safety put on Welker last week, and how it showed how tough they are and how it made the whole NE team cower in fear last week. They really seem to think they're the only team that hits hard or can intimidate anyone.

So if Hines Ward is coming over the middle, maybe a big shot from Hamlin wouldn't be such a bad idea just to show these guys we aren't the softies they think we are.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm all for setting the tone, but cheap shots are not the way to do it. It would show us to be cowards and do nothing but fire up Pitt.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
screw that! you can get phsyical and set the tone without getting a penalty. this isn't a movie like the replacements or something. I'd rather we come out attacking them through the air and try to score 1st and set the tone that way.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
A 15 yard penalty could definitely set the tone for us in a bad way. false start after false start to follow.

We don't need to put our offense in a 1st and 25 situation on any drive.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Penalties are stupid. Intentional penalties are worse.

There is enough talent on this team to both set the tone and dictate the outcome of this game. While it's true that the Steelers defense is no joke, it is also their main weapon.

Even with an injured Barbarian, the Dallas offense has the ability to be lethal. Overall, the Dallas defense can play with the best offenses in the league even WITH an injured Ware.

Penalties aren't necessary. Sheer determination and will are necessary. This team has both. It simply needs to BRING IT Sunday. The results will speak for themselves.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I get the message. But the others are right. No penalties period. We can't afford them. And the first time we get the ball needs to be safe. We need to get points or at least field position everytime we have the ball esp the first time.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
If you do anything, blow Ward's head off.

Dirty-*** player.

But yeah, penalties are bad...but if it WERE to happen, please let it happen to Hines Ward.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
What a dumb idea.

Yes, let's kill our opening drive to "send a message." Its going to be hard enough to get good drives against the best defense in the league... and you want to kill our opening drive?

Brilliant.

A better message sent would be driving the length of the field and scoring.

Beyond. Stupid.

superpunk

Reaction score
Probably a better idea would be to just physically beat their *** up and down the field until Casey Hampton rips off Gurode's helmet and stomps on his face. I think that would send a better message, plus they would get penalized for it, not us.

Reaction score
I never said to cheap shot anyone, or to intentionally get a penalty. I said to knock someone's block off on the first play. IF it leads to a penalty, then that's the price you pay. My whole idea is to set the same tone that Marc Columbo set against Tampa Bay. Looking at the entire play, the penalty could have gone either way, but the Bucs player hit last, so he was penalized.

That shot by Pittsburg on Wes Welker sent a message loud & clear to NE--don't come over the middle against us. This is football, not tennis. There is going to be snow, maybe mud, surely blood, and bodies carried off the field.

How many times have you watched a game where the QB is killing your team by running for big yardage. After a while, you say to yourself, "Somebody blast this guy!". You don't even care if it draws a penalty, you just want to make him think twice before running again. Man, are you stupid.

CoCo

Reaction score
superpunk;2461068 said:
Probably a better idea would be to just physically beat their *** up and down the field until Casey Hampton rips off Gurode's helmet and stomps on his face. I think that would send a better message, plus they would get penalized for it, not us.

Uhh, could we vote on that?

--Andre Gurode

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont know... so I am asking...

Isnt Harris gonna try and get around Flo before going through Holland??

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
I say beat them with finesse. Don't try to be something you're not. This is a finesse team, mostly.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;2461000 said:
screw that! you can get phsyical and set the tone without getting a penalty. this isn't a movie like the replacements or something. I'd rather we come out attacking them through the air and try to score 1st and set the tone that way.

Exactly. Why not just smash them in the mouth, legally, and let them know right from the start that Dallas came there to win.