First Post First Game

Swanny

Reaction score
Hey everyone i am obviously new to all this this is my first post and i will be going to my first cowboy game this season in dallas. I live in wisconsin and i have never been in Texas before, My g/f bought thanksgiving day tickets and i was wondering if there is anything i should go see when im down there and if there is a dallas cowboys hall of fame near irving.

Eddie

Reaction score
Other than the Cowboys, there's NOTHING to see in Texas. :)

Last time I passed through the airport in Dallas, everyone was wearing ten gallon hats and Cowboy boots. I didn't know it was Halloween full time over there ... next time I pass through, I'm going to wear my Pirate outfit. :laugh1:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Swanny.

BTW, does your GF have any older, prettier sisters?

I only ask as a matter of passing interest..............

LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Eddie said:

Last time I passed through the airport in Dallas, everyone was wearing ten gallon hats and Cowboy boots. I didn't know it was Halloween full time over there ... next time I pass through, I'm going to wear my Pirate outfit. :laugh1:

Spoken like an obnoxious New Yorker

Swanny

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Welcome aboard Swanny.

BTW, does your GF have any older, prettier sisters?

I only ask as a matter of passing interest..............

LOL
No but she has an older brother you intrested?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Swanny said:
No but she has an older brother you intrested?

LOL......

Oh, I can see your gonna be real popular real fast.

No, can't say I am. Might even say I have a kinda fobia about such things.

Appriciate the thought thou.

Swanny

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL......

Oh, I can see your gonna be real popular real fast.

No, can't say I am. Might even say I have a kinda fobia about such things.

Appriciate the thought thou.
LOL

Good to hear that

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Eddie said:

You sound confused. Your probably looking for the sound stage of Pirates of Penzance. You know, right there off Broadway somewhere's.

While I'm thinking of it..... My new good friend Swanny says he's got a friend of a friend he thinks you might like.

LOL!!!!!

Swanny

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
You sound confused. Your probably looking for the sound stage of Pirates of Penzance. You know, right there off Broadway somewhere's.

While I'm thinking of it..... My new good friend Swanny says he's got a friend of a friend he thinks you might like.

LOL!!!!!
LOL

My freinds freind said he just bought himself a new pair of gator skin boots you just gotta provide the pirate outfit

1fisher

Reaction score
welcome.....Speaking of things to do....anyone ever go to the Coppell Deli on Bethel road (Ithink) :rolleyes:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Dont know what your into as far as what you like. The JFK museum is cool, I recently went and actually had a good time. If your into clubbing, stay outa the West End and go to Deep Elm (promounced Deep Elum). That place rocks.

Course you have to take a trip to Arlington to see the future home of the Boys, course theres nothing there but parking lots and Apartments and a residential neighborhood now, but give it 4 years and I bet there will be a sparkling little temple where once was a bunch of happy families.

Welcome to the board....

Reaction score
Welcome to the board Swanny. You're gonna love it here. Can't tell you 'bout any of the sights in the Big D - the first and only time I was there I was too smashed most of the time to remember much. Except for the game of course. Me & about 5 other Cowboy fans flew down with the NY Giants road crew. Talk about bein' in enemy territory. The game was Sept. 29, 1991. I'll never forget walking across the parking lot towards Texas Stadium - it was damned near a religious experience. Good game too. Giants had the lead near the end & it was lookin' bleak. Out of the blue, Aikman to Irvin for a long TD! (Those Giants fans were PISSED!!!) Hope to do it again someday.

Enjoy your trip.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Swanny said:
Hey everyone i am obviously new to all this this is my first post and i will be going to my first cowboy game this season in dallas. I live in wisconsin and i have never been in Texas before, My g/f bought thanksgiving day tickets and i was wondering if there is anything i should go see when im down there and if there is a dallas cowboys hall of fame near irving.
:welcome: to the board.

Stay at a hotel that offers a shuttle ride to and from the game. Best $5 you will spend while you are there. Plenty of tourist stuff to do there if you are into that.

Swanny

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
:welcome: to the board.

Stay at a hotel that offers a shuttle ride to and from the game. Best $5 you will spend while you are there. Plenty of tourist stuff to do there if you are into that.
i am staying at a hotel that is 15 min away from the stadium and im really not into clubbing i was just wondering if and where is the dallas cowboys hall of fame and is there any shopping around there because im gonna be there for 3 days my g/f is gonna want to go shopping im guessing

lspain1

Reaction score
Swanny,

Dallas has great shopping (Worse luck for you!). Your g/f would probably like the Galleria (and its surrounding area) which has a lot of upscale shopping just north of 635 in Addison. There are good restaurants near there as well. There are some small boutique like shops near SMU.

As far as restaurants go, I have two to recommned to you. I like steak and Dallas has good steaks so here goes:

1. Fogo De Chao Churrascaria, in Addison. This is a Brazilian Steakhouse with excellent food and an excellent atmosphere.
2. For pure steak pleasure (but slightly less atmosphere), try Bob's Steak and Chop House on Lemmon Ave.

Both of these are excellent and reservations are necessary.

If you like decent pasta and a ***** brownie a la mode that must resemble heaven, try Sphagetti Warehouse. Superb!

Hope this helps.

jem88

Reaction score
Eddie said:

Agreed. Stepping into Texas is like entering a time warp. Friendly people but different. I remember the waitress thanking me for putting my knife and fork on the plate after I finished what admittedly was an incredible steak.