First Post, Mock... + Yahoo Videos

JaiRiid

Reaction score
Long time viewer, first time poster....

I was unaware if anyone knew this or not, but YahooSports has tons of prospect videos... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=2

Either way... would like the thoughts on the mock...

1. Kam Wimbley SOLB
2. Jon Scott OT
3. Pat Watkins FS (check out his video... I liked it alot)
5. Marques Colston WR (though some project him as a TE)
6. LeKevin Smith DT
7. Marcus Hudson DB

- I can also see us considering Jimmy Williams... has a lot of talent, fills a need, and if I remember correct, Parcells likes VT players because he knows he is getting a ST player as well.

Anyways, would appreciate thoughts on the mock...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Manny Lawsom IMO would be a better compliment to Ware for the next 10 plus years!

Welcome to the best Dallas Cowboys board anywhere!

Duane

Reaction score
:welcome:

Thanks for posting and don't be a stranger. We're going to have a ton of stuff going on this weekend.

JaiRiid

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Manny Lawsom IMO would be a better compliment to Ware

quite possibly true...

one thing I am not sure of but would like anyone's thoughts on would be based on the fact that Wimbley played on the strong side of the defense whereas Lawson seemed to play mainly on the weakside. We already have Ware playing on the pass-rushing weak side backer... I just figured we should target a run stopper to play the strong side...

Lawson very well could be that guy especially considering that he may not have played that side due to Mario Williams being there... he could also be better for our defense... I think it would be irrational to choose a player because he doesn't play on the exact side of the defense...

if anyone knows about how strong/weak side players translate to tweeners in the NFL, I would like to know...

thanks for the welcomes guys... I'll be here all weekend...

cboyd

Reaction score
I don't get what's the problem with having two Wares. To me that would be awesome. Somone who can stop the run, Pass rush, and cover a little bit.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I just watched Mario William's highlights for the first time and what is striking is that more times then not Manny was beating Mario to the QB. That Manny fella is very explosive indeed. ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I just watched Mario William's highlights for the first time and what is striking is that more times then not Manny was beating Mario to the QB. That Manny fella is very explosive indeed. ;)

Yeah, he did it while Mario was facing double and triple teams, and Manny blocked one on one. Most of the time anyway.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe they showed Jason Allen's injury in his highlight clip. That was my first time seeing it and it does look like a nasty injury that will be hard to recover from. I hope him the best, but that leg strength ratio of 100/85 still has me a little worried about him, and how he will respond to physical contact. As much as I hate it, it will probably be wise to pass on him on all counts and grab a Ko Simpson/Pat Wilkins if we are going FS.

Edit: if your stomach is weak, you might want to pass on that video.

felix360

Reaction score
:welcome: :lombardi: :shoot2: :shoot1: :whip:

Welcome to the greatest show on earth!!!!!!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Rack said:
Yeah, he did it while Mario was facing double and triple teams, and Manny blocked one on one. Most of the time anyway.
Mario was facing his fair share of single blocking too.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Mario was facing his fair share of single blocking too.
Actually, I just watched the entire clip and wrote down a description of every play. Out of the 26 plays on that clip Mario didn't receive a single double team, much less a triple team. NOT ONE. There are 4 plays where you can't tell because its off screen, but on a few of those its appears that he doesn't receive a double team.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
JaiRiid said:
Long time viewer, first time poster....

I was unaware if anyone knew this or not, but YahooSports has tons of prospect videos... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=2

Either way... would like the thoughts on the mock...

1. Kam Wimbley SOLB
2. Jon Scott OT
3. Pat Watkins FS (check out his video... I liked it alot)
5. Marques Colston WR (though some project him as a TE)
6. LeKevin Smith DT
7. Marcus Hudson DB

- I can also see us considering Jimmy Williams... has a lot of talent, fills a need, and if I remember correct, Parcells likes VT players because he knows he is getting a ST player as well.

Anyways, would appreciate thoughts on the mock...

Welcome to the board.....enjoy

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
theogt said:
Actually, I just watched the entire clip and wrote down a description of every play. Out of the 26 plays on that clip Mario didn't receive a single double team, much less a triple team. NOT ONE. There are 4 plays where you can't tell because its off screen, but on a few of those its appears that he doesn't receive a double team.
Where did you post the description?

The more information I get about Manny the more I think that the other two possibilities are not in the same league with him. Also, we might have to settle for Cam or Bobby because Manny might be off the board when we pick. Man I can't wait for tomorrow because the suspense is killing me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Where did you post the description?

The more information I get about Manny the more I think that the other two possibilities are not in the same league with him. Also, we might have to settle for Cam or Bobby because Manny might be off the board when we pick. Man I can't wait for tomorrow because the suspense is killing me.
I didn't post the description of the Williams clip, but I did post a description of each play of the Lawson clip. Sorry, but I don't have a link. I searched for the thread and I can't find it.