First real practice is tomorrow, Friday

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The players have reported. They had tests, they been having conditioning and drills.
Now to the first real practice. I am sure it will be all basic stuff.

I am curious as to the media presence, will there be any. or will there be cameras set up at generic field level areas for them to view and comment on. Though they will not be able to see the entire scope of what is going on. Or will a limited number be allowed.

Friday high will be 105º, but should be around 90's early to mid morning. As MM said he prefers grass for practice.

What do you expect and what do you want to see?
We know Looney will line up at C to start for now.
Also will be interesting how they set the DL and DB's to start.
Will Cooper get time in the slot as well.

It will be mostly generic stuff but still it is stuff, real football stuff.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The players have reported. They had tests, they been having conditioning and drills.

I am curious as to the media presence, will there be any. or will there be cameras set up at generic field level areas for them to view and comment on. Though they will not be able to see the entire scope of what is going on. Or will a limited number be allowed.

Friday high will be 105º, but should be around 90's early to mid morning. As MM said he prefers grass for practice.

It will be OTAs for the first week. Pads still don’t come on for awhile. And I still think only doing a week of strength and conditioning is grossly negligent to play football after 7 months of being confined to your house/backyard

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be OTAs for the first week. Pads still don’t come on for awhile. And I still think only doing a week of strength and conditioning is grossly negligent to play football after 7 months of being confined to your house/backyard

Pads are allowed starting the 17th.
Will be shells until then. As you said, basically some more conditioning. Probably one on one, with some 7 on 7 half speed type stuff.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Right now, I'm glad to see something more than classroom things happening and actually, just curious to see what this new setup has to offer. I'm hoping to see some videos of the new players going through drills and such, as well. There will be lots of new things and new players to get familiar with in the days ahead. Here's hoping we all enjoy what we're seeing. It'll be a curious sight to take in all the personnel and coaching changes.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score

Hope the whole bubble protection plan works out; both players and coaches.
Which includes on the road traveling as well during the season. and this is where i've my doubts with
Goodell not being near as organized and well planned as NBA's commissioner Silvera.

- As far as Cowboys training camp, i wonder what the media coverage is gonna be like.
How limited coverage it will be ?

- Also because the fans will not be there, we won't get that on- th-e field, extra key focused footage reports from the YouTubers like ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE***, Voch Lombardi, Foots da King, etc.that will feature some strong footage videos,
that some media reporters and sportcasters,such Newy Scruggs, Hansen and Doocy will overlook, ..ditto some like david helman, rob phillips,broaddus,jon machota, etc.

- We're gonna miss out not hearing about the key one on one battles in camp as we did in previous years.
- Hopefully the Blue White scrimmage game will be televised and we can see for ourselves the key battles

calicowboy54

Reaction score

- i expect a few injuries & i want to see what the new Offense and defense look like.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Right now, I'm glad to see something more than classroom things happening and actually, just curious to see what this new setup has to offer. I'm hoping to see some videos of the new players going through drills and such, as well. There will be lots of new things and new players to get familiar with in the days ahead. Here's hoping we all enjoy what we're seeing. It'll be a curious sight to take in all the personnel and coaching changes.
Curiosity has me watching the NBA again (been a few years since I watched a game) just to see all the changes. It's very interesting.

Prancer

Reaction score
From an older article on DC.com:
Aug 3-11: Ramp up begins with 60-minute weight room workouts; 60 minutes of on field conditioning. Those last 4 days teams can add in walk-through sessions.
Aug 12-13: Can begin practicing in helmets and shorts, so basically OTA-like on field practices, with 90-minute limits that can increase another 15 minutes as the days go by, but not to exceed two hours.
Aug 14 and 16: Can add shells to those helmets and shorts workouts, but no contact.
Aug 15: day off
Aug 16: Roster cut to 80, first padded practice
Aug 17 - Sep 6: Can hold no more than 14 padded practices over these 20 days.
Sep 7: First regular-season day of practice

bsbellomy

Reaction score
From an older article on DC.com:
Aug 3-11: Ramp up begins with 60-minute weight room workouts; 60 minutes of on field conditioning. Those last 4 days teams can add in walk-through sessions.
Aug 12-13: Can begin practicing in helmets and shorts, so basically OTA-like on field practices, with 90-minute limits that can increase another 15 minutes as the days go by, but not to exceed two hours.
Aug 14 and 16: Can add shells to those helmets and shorts workouts, but no contact.
Aug 15: day off
Aug 16: Roster cut to 80, first padded practice
Aug 17 - Sep 6: Can hold no more than 14 padded practices over these 20 days.
Sep 7: First regular-season day of practice

Good Info. First month of the season is going to be a complete joke.