Video: First Take: Cowboys must choose between Dak Prescott and Jason Garrett

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Unfortunately Stephen A. Smith is 100% right about Jerry.

Smith was right about the family business, but the premise of the initial discussion was entirely wrong.

It's not Garrett vs. Dak. It's Linehan vs. Dak.

With an OC with a good scheme, and calling the right plays at the right time, you can evaluate Dak, even with Garrett as HC. Garrett will still screw up game management at the end of the game, but the QB will have a fair chance to produce in the meantime.

Without Cooper, but with a competent OC, you can evaluate Dak.
With Cooper and Linehan, you still can't.

You can't accurately evaluate much of anything on the offense as long as the OC blows.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What does Garrett even bring to the table? How many more careers do we need to sacrifice for him to keep picking up fat paychecks?

I used to think he was at least a decent manager, but he hasn't hired well and hasn't directed his underlings competently.

His main skill is furthering his own career.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Max is a smart guy. Though, I can’t watch him because of that idiot.

He states it best. Garrett is done when they get sick of him. Which I say is this year unless we win the nfc.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I can't stand Stephen A but he's spot on. The nepotism within the franchise makes me want to throw up on a daily basis.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Smith was right about the family business, but the premise of the initial discussion was entirely wrong.

It's not Garrett vs. Dak. It's Linehan vs. Dak.

With an OC with a good scheme, and calling the right plays at the right time, you can evaluate Dak, even with Garrett as HC. Garrett will still screw up game management at the end of the game, but the QB will have a fair chance to produce in the meantime.

Without Cooper, but with a competent OC, you can evaluate Dak.
With Cooper and Linehan, you still can't.

You can't accurately evaluate much of anything on the offense as long as the OC blows.

At least they all agreed how bad Garrett is. LOL

But unfortunately I believe both Dak and Garrett are here to stay regardless of what happens.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They may need to replace both of them. History suggests finding a new coach is easier than a new QB, but the current combo doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. Then again, neither do their bosses.