Video: First Take: Cowboys must choose between Dak Prescott and Jason Garrett

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
nick eatman on the break made a statement yesterday that cooper will outlast both dak and garrett

Big_D

Reaction score
This ones very easy!!! Prescott all day. Time to find a new coach.

JayFord

Reaction score
Garrett easily

Hes been here since 07 with nothing to show for it

pansophy

Reaction score
Smith was right about the family business, but the premise of the initial discussion was entirely wrong.

It's not Garrett vs. Dak. It's Linehan vs. Dak.

With an OC with a good scheme, and calling the right plays at the right time, you can evaluate Dak, even with Garrett as HC. Garrett will still screw up game management at the end of the game, but the QB will have a fair chance to produce in the meantime.

Without Cooper, but with a competent OC, you can evaluate Dak.
With Cooper and Linehan, you still can't.

You can't accurately evaluate much of anything on the offense as long as the OC blows.
Why do I need a new OC to see that Dak can’t anticipate open WR’s and is inaccurate downfield. The play calling isn’t going to change that.

If he was throwing the ball on time to the right guy in the right location and we were stalling then I’d say the OC is the problem. That’s not what we are seeing.

Also hard to argue that changing the scheme in year 3 is going to help Dak.

Big_D

Reaction score
Why do I need a new OC to see that Dak can’t anticipate open WR’s and is inaccurate downfield. The play calling isn’t going to change that.

If he was throwing the ball on time to the right guy in the right location and we were stalling then I’d say the OC is the problem. That’s not what we are seeing.

Also hard to argue that changing the scheme in year 3 is going to help Dak.

It's not just the play calling, but the practice and preparation. Throwing those timing patterns and anticipating where you're receivers will be don't just happen. Maybe he isn't good enough, but at this point you have to find out. Options at QB are very slim since they traded away their #1. I'd like to see Prescott with a new coaching staff even though Jerry's too stupid to make the change.

lk8701

Reaction score
nick eatman on the break made a statement yesterday that cooper will outlast both dak and garrett

Would love to see Lincoln Riley, Tua Tagovailoa Zeke and Amari together for the 2020 season.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Simple,,, Dak over Garrett. AND Dak over the WHOLE JONE'S FAMILY...