First Things First- Skip and Shannon discuss Jason Witten saying this is the best Cowboy team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Someone needs to ask Witten how good this team is with Zeke suspended. :rolleyes:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One thing for sure..Witten is getting lots of attention since returning.

You buried the lede.

Skip says Tyron says:
I'm the freshest I've been in years. I'm finally completely healthy. A little bigger, a little faster than I've ever been.

Yuge.

If Tyron is really "finally completely healthy", we've got an All Pro Left Tackle again. We don't have to be looking for a LT. We can ride the cheap years of Tyron's contract.

If really accurate, this is immense news. And I don't think anyone saw it coming. I know I didn't. "Finally completely healthy" just didn't seem like a possibility to even hope for.

As for their chit chat, you can compare this team to 2007, but the fact was that our best player on offense, The Player, was gimpy and only lasted a half, while we kept Glenn on the roster instead of replacing him, so in the 2nd half our starting WRs were Crayton, who blew two big plays, and Glenn, who *never* played another snap in the NFL after that game. His knee was done even with a full offseason to further recover. With a healthy TO, we win walking away.

Looking back at 2007, some of the Pro Bowls were iffy. Ken Hamlin? Come on. Roy Williams was long past Pro Bowl worthy in 2007. Even Barber was iffy. Newman and Ellis were one hit wonders. TO, Witten, and Ware were legit All Pros.

I like this team for some truly legit All Pro/Pro Bowlers. Tyron (finally completely healthy), Frederick, and Martin are all legit competitors for All Pro. Zeke too. I wouldn't be surprised if another lineman makes it. Jaylon and LVE are both legit contenders for All Pro in talent, though the limit on 4-3 LBs limits them. Lawrence, if he can play like the first quarter of the season the last couple of seasons is another contender. If Moore uses Dak at his best, with RPO and read options, he can be a Pro Bowler too. Cooper probably makes the Pro Bowl too. And he's good. Not quite TO, but a real Pro Bowler.

I like the talent at the top for this team better. They won't get the same number of Pro Bowlers, but the guys they get will be better than the top Pro Bowlers from 2007.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the players on this team along with the owner talk a big game but when they go to the playoffs they usually come up little going to wait until the season his here and see how it turns out I don't think it will be nearly as good as they think it is going to be

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
the players on this team along with the owner talk a big game but when they go to the playoffs they usually come up little going to wait until the season his here and see how it turns out I don't think it will be nearly as good as they think it is going to be
I agree.

We never handle success well.

The following year after a good season usually means trouble.

Just my 2 cents.