First Thread: NBA Playoffs.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
What team will win it all this year ? I think it's between Spurs and Lakers. Lakers have all the potential in the world, and the Spurs defense is amazing. Critical down the stretch free throw shooting will hurt both teams. Either way I think these two teams will match up in the 2nd round of the Wester conference semi finals and the winner will win it all, fairly easily.

jdnalls

Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
What team will win it all this year ? I think it's between Spurs and Lakers. Lakers have all the potential in the world, and the Spurs defense is amazing. Critical down the stretch free throw shooting will hurt both teams. Either way I think these two teams will match up in the 2nd round of the Wester conference semi finals and the winner will win it all, fairly easily.
I still say it will be San Antonio vs. Detroit/Indy.

Pharcyde

Reaction score
San Antonio or LA is going to beat either Indiana/Detroit...

I picked SA in October and i'm not changing it

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I think it'll end up being the Lakers, T-Wolves, Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Grizzlies, or Rockets vs. the Pacers, Pistons, Nets, Heat, Bucks, Knicks, Celtics, or Hornets in the finals.

Just a hunch. :D

Okay, seriously...everyone and their dog is picking either the Spurs or Lakers to win it all this year, so I say T-Wolves over Pacers in seven.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
They're picking the spurs and lakers for a good reason.... they're clearly superior teams. :D Plus, I like your predictions .... hahaha :eek:

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
For the Laker fans, what are odds of kobe leaving next season ? :( I hope it doesn't happen but if he does he needs to be in Texas. :eek:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
This is the first time in a long while that the east has a chance to win it with indy and detroit....I think my lakers will pull it out, depending on how much Kobe tries to do on bruce bowen...

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Being a Griz fan I'd have to say SA.....they are killing us
Yeah but don't feel bad the Spurs are a very very good team. Plus, I like your team's future. Loved Gasol since he's entered the league, and I really like your rotation. Alot of your future depends on Gasol. BTW, I've heard rumors of kobe reuniting with Jerry West :eek: . He would instantly make ya'll contenders for the championship.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
I think the Spurs will win it all again. Their defense is hard to overcome and they have good team chemistry.
...........of course being from San Antonio I am a little partial. :)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm picking the Spurs. I think they'll take care of the very overrated Lakers in 5, and then have an epic battle versus Minnesota in 7.

I guess Indy from the East, but I think whoever comes out of the East will get swept or 5 games at the best.

I get so sick of the Lakers hype! I think they're only the 4th best in the West. Kobe can be fantastic, but Bowen will contain him again. Shaq is a force, but is not what he once was. Malone and Payton are non-factors as far as I'm concerned.

Spurs Dynasty! :D

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I'm picking the Spurs. I think they'll take care of the very overrated Lakers in 5, and then have an epic battle versus Minnesota in 7.

I guess Indy from the East, but I think whoever comes out of the East will get swept or 5 games at the best.

I get so sick of the Lakers hype! I think they're only the 4th best in the West. Kobe can be fantastic, but Bowen will contain him again. Shaq is a force, but is not what he once was. Malone and Payton are non-factors as far as I'm concerned.

Spurs Dynasty! :D

Well being a Laker fan, tells me they will win it. I don't think they're overrated, if they can play how they have this season at times, they're nearly unbeatable. That being said the only team that can hang with them are the spurs. I'm not talking about just hanging around either, they have legitimate shot of beating them. In fact, if they played right now I would say the Spurs would beat them. Fortunately, they don't play till maybe a week or so :D .

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
They're picking the spurs and lakers for a good reason.... they're clearly superior teams. :D Plus, I like your predictions .... hahaha :eek:

That's true, but as they say - anything can happen. The Lakers have had injury problems all season long, and the Spurs are essentially a one-man team. If something were to happen to them, and Minnesota or the Kings were to get on a roll...watch out.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man said:
That's true, but as they say - anything can happen. The Lakers have had injury problems all season long, and the Spurs are essentially a one-man team. If something were to happen to them, and Minnesota or the Kings were to get on a roll...watch out.

Agreed....anything can happen. But the Wolves and Kings are yet to prove anything to me. Until then i won't consider them as top notch teams. THey can be the best regular season team over and over , but the playoffs are a different game. I'll stick to the Lakers or Spurs who have proven themselves more than once. :eek:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
For the Laker fans, what are odds of kobe leaving next season ? :( I hope it doesn't happen but if he does he needs to be in Texas. :eek:
There hasn't been any mention of it lately.. I think he realizes Shaq will retire soon so this will be his team.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I hope so, but I think he wants a "fresh start". Once Shaq leaves their needs to be a major makeover of the team. The team is built around Shaq and not Kobe. Kobe will have to get players to accomodate his style.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
I hope so, but I think he wants a "fresh start". Once Shaq leaves their needs to be a major makeover of the team. The team is built around Shaq and not Kobe. Kobe will have to get players to accomodate his style.
You are making me sad :sniffle::wink: