Fish: Add Tyler Smith to potential 1st round targets

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure is, holds every play, no technique, he'll fit right 8n for Connor williams
More than half of his holding calls were due to taking defenders to the ground.
- He just couldn't resist the urge to put defenders on their back.
- His OL coach was a grad assistant a couple of years ago.
- TS just needs a OL coach to tell him to stop taking defenders to the ground.
- Most of the other penalty issues will be resolved by moving him to OG until he learns NFL OLine techniques.
- At OG, he'll be a machine on run plays.
- He even had a run down the field after an INT play very similar to the famous Larry Allen play.
- There was not quite enough field for him to end up making the play before the defender made it to the endzone, but it did show him blowing past other players running downfield.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Isn't Fish like 2 weeks late on this news

dumb-and-dumber-no-way.gif

Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wait for Fish to give us the exclusive that we are drafting Cade York in Round 2.
It is unfortunate that the path to the best career in sports media is the sensational approach.

Many years ago Mike Fisher really did have the best Cowboys inside info of local DFW sports media.
- His source obviously dried up.

Then Fisher bought the message board "The Ranch", renamed it and started his sensational type tweeting.

For years Fisher had lamented the sensational approach by Skip Bayless but now is is a Skip wannabe.

Mickey has a similar story. Way back in the early days of the internet, Mickey had the best Cowboys inside info.
- He even had a short lived report that was distributed by Fax.
- He was the most informed local media about the cap rules and other rules back before Spotrac and OverTheCap.
- Then he was hired by the Cowboys and became a shrill for them.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Zion also. I think he he a prototype OC.
- 6'2-1/2", 314 but with long arms (34") is ideal for OC.
- He also is reportedly one of the most intelligent players in this draft.
- When Frederick retired, the Cowboys missed his on-field intelligence as much as his physical ability.
I really believe the team wants a future tackle, which is why they haven't shown great interest with Linderbaum and even Zion Johnson.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith could be dominant, but he should rightfully be a second rounder as he's way too grabby.

Dude in the run game is an absolute stud, but really hard to not have reservations because of the penalties.

I have faith that they can be coached out of him.

Reactions: BAT

baltcowboy

Reaction score
- When Frederick retired, the Cowboys missed his on-field intelligence as much as his physical ability.
You got Zion pegged. Belt said the Cowboys actually see Zion as the best center in the draft. Says the guy can make the line calls and we have lesser busted plays. That is interesting.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You got Zion pegged. Belt said the Cowboys actually see Zion as the best center in the draft. Says the guy can make the line calls and we have lesser busted plays. That is interesting.

Strange, Tom, Parham or Jurgens are just as good center potential and have just as much position flex at OG.

And ALL of these guys can be had outside of 1st round.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I will punch the wall man if we take Smith over Zion.

Let’s draft a project as opposed to the best LG in the draft

Smith could be best LG and best future OT in this draft.

My3Sons

Reaction score
^This.

Oh, and Fish is a nitwit.

Carson

Reaction score
Smith could be best LG and best future OT in this draft.
Could, sure. Zion is a safe pick.

I'd rather draft a sure thing in Zion and plug him at LG. This improves Biadasz. You can draft your LT next year or let Ball develop

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Larry Allen played college football at Sonoma State

Rice, Sweetness, Favre, Bradshaw, Joe Greene, Haley, Dent, Howie Long, Strahan, Jason Taylor, Shannon Sharpe, Jared Allen, Kupp, Flacco, Romo, Capt. Crash, Walls, Mel Blount, Art Shell, Nightrain Lane, Deacon Jones ... all small school too.

Carson

Reaction score
Rice, Sweetness, Favre, Bradshaw, Joe Greene, Haley, Dent, Howie Long, Strahan, Jason Taylor, Shannon Sharpe, Jared Allen, Kupp, Flacco, Romo, Capt. Crash, Walls, Mel Blount, Art Shell, Nightrain Lane, Deacon Jones ... all small school too.
I think the smaller school guys back in the day were much different than in today's game. There was no media back then or a lot of these guys didn't fill out until later (Romo) or guys just stayed local to home (Bradshaw, Favre). Guys like Sweetness commited to bigger schools like Kansas State before moving to a historic black college by choice to be with his brother.

These days, we see tons of small school guys getting noticed! It's refreshing to see you don't have to go to Alabama to be noticed.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Strange, Tom, Parham or Jurgens are just as good center potential and have just as much position flex at OG.

And ALL of these guys can be had outside of 1st round.
Belt just said Johnson was their highest rated center. So the Cowboys think a little different then you.:omg::laugh:

Carson

Reaction score
Belt just said Johnson was their highest rated center. So the Cowboys think a little different then you.:omg::laugh:
Zion is a super smart player. High IQ, builds computers for fun. People forget, he went to Davidson as a 0 star recruit, then he showed up at BC at 265!

I've seen a lot of film on him and he is as safe of a pick as there is this year.