Video: Fish: Aikman as GM? A new NFL angle for Cowboys legend

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If I'm Troy I turn this down in an instant if the offer ever comes. The second Aikman has any success Jerry will fire him due to Aikman getting credit, and Jerry won't stand for that.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I was so turned off at the mention of Cowturd that it was hard to even give much cred to any content following that.

If Troy is going to be anything he needs to be a HC in the vein of Jimmah. He has that kinda drive to be like that. Maybe he could melt away some of the country club atmosphere around the team.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The problem hasn't been Jerry sitting up there barking orders. It's that he has no plan and there is no singular vision on how to build a team. He listens to too many different people, some are just worthless yes men, some with bad advice.
Well said. Thank you.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd prefer about 100 people to Aikman tbh.
I like Aikman in many ways but as a shot caller at an organizational level I'm a no thanks.

He's going to follow the plan and the grain all too often.
He's basically a Stephen Jones clone in that regard and they need a balance against that.

It's also a pretty big insult to Will McClay to think Aikman can walk in and take his job that he has done sans title for a few years.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm gonna take a guess and say that NFL GMs typically make much less than Aikman while working 90 hour weeks.

Job security in Aikmans case is way better in the booth.

Jerry would agree to do this before Aikman would.
My comment after I actually listened is this....

Exactly HOW sick of Buck and/or his wife must Troy actually be??

Then again, some people in life need that challenge.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like Aikman in many ways but as a shot caller at an organizational level I'm a no thanks.

He's basically a Stephen Jones clone in that regard and they need a balance against that.

It's also a pretty big insult to Will McClay to think Aikman can walk in and take his job that he has done sans title for a few years.

Yeah honestly it should be McClay's job to lose at this point.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I know there’s been rumors of him wanting to be a gm for sometime but I highly doubt jerry gives up the reigns to Troy. Now I can see Stephen doing it honestly. I feel Stephen would be more willing to take a step back and let other handle the choosing of players and coaches. But who knows.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Peter Principle at work to assume he would be a good GM.