Fish: Cowboys covet S Trevon Moehrig

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No, I don’t. I don’t see how the best safety in the draft is a reach at 10 just because a few pundits tell us he’ll go later.

I don't see any difference between Holland and Grant or Moehrig. Give me one of those guys in the 2nd round if that is the direction we are going.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Chances are, the safeties will be passed over again for a great prospect like T. Hill.

Milton Williams DE Louisiana Tech ..........

Prepare yourself......I actually thought that might be our pick in the 3rd....but as soon as you said that....BOOM. I can totally see us going CB...then small school...workout warrior deluxe round 2. Then.....you will settle for Jamar Johnson FS Indiana.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd like to have Moehrig at the back end for a safety but what about our most badly needed secondary guy? That wouldn't be Moehrig. If it's got to be a solution to enhancing the CB position, it's likely either Surtain or Horn in the first round. If your aim is to resolve our DL deficiencies, the 2nd round is likely to be the key, unless we move down to take Barmore, later in round one. Round two might include someone like Holland, another safety preference.

Other than that, a worthwhile DT addition might also enter the picture. There's no set way to resolve this. Taking the best available talent in an area of need might be the best idea if the talent level truly warrants it. It'll surely be up to the staff to make these determinations and not us. Deal with it. ;)

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If the Cowboys have him as the best player available, would you be upset with them taking him just because others don’t have him listed as such?
I wouldnt be upset regardless of the fan reaction,, trust your board especially in a year of poor evaluation ability.
Those that feel TM would be a reach at 10 this draft, will forget all about where he was drafted if he becomes a perennial pro bowler in a few years.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We are definitely losing games by rolling out absolute scrubs at FS.

A good FS will help the CBs too.
No we are not. Show me a game that was lost on our safety play. Actually Jeff Heath single handedly saved our season the one game against the raiders.

Watch this film. End of story

J-man

Reaction score
I have said that I think Fish is the Cowboys biggest non official smoke blower, but in this case I agree 100%. Moehrig is the best FS in this class and if we want him we will have to go get him. I have mocked him to us countless times and every time it was either after at least 1 trade down or a trade up.
I like the results I got from trading down a lot more than I like the trading up results. But I don't know if they'll do that and see a trade up as more likely. I hope they can pull it off without sacrificing too much.

Last edited:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I f Jeff Heath was on the team
I got him pegged for the Raiders @ 1/17. They are kidding themselves if they think Jeff Heath is the answer....they found out the hard way just like us.

Why you hating on the GOAT....

conner01

Reaction score
I like him as well.

He's more physical than the Oregon guy Holland and flies around to the ball.
He’s the best safety in the draft to most
But I don’t see him at 10 and he’s not falling to 44
A trade down to second half of first and he could be the pick
One thing about Quinn
He does value safeties

conner01

Reaction score
We cannot keep ignoring the safety position. Doesn’t matter how good the trenches are if your secondary sucks. Ask Philadelphia.
That is a good point
Though I think we are better in the secondary than they are but not in the same league in the trenches
But you are right
It’s a complete defense that wins

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He’s the best safety in the draft to most
But I don’t see him at 10 and he’s not falling to 44
A trade down to second half of first and he could be the pick
One thing about Quinn
He does value safeties

If my main targets are gone by 10, besides Surtain, i'd like to see Dallas move off that pick and then try to take pick 44 and come up and get one of their guys like this.

If we move down we could still potentially get Horn, Phillips, Ojulari, or a Jaylon Smith replacement.

conner01

Reaction score
If my main targets are gone by 10, besides Surtain, i'd like to see Dallas move off that pick and then try to take pick 44 and come up and get one of their guys like this.

If we move down we could still potentially get Horn, Phillips, Ojulari, or a Jaylon Smith replacement.
I agree
If my target isn’t there I trade down with the hope of moving up from 44
That’s the smart move if your target isn’t there
There will be some nice players early in the second
I’m all for going all in for quality and to heck with quantity
If we walk away with just 4 good players that’s better than 10 and 3 not making the team
The second to me is a great spot to move up even if we pick at 10
I really like what’s likely to be there at safety and LB in the second

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
According to Fish we covet everyone
13 Days and we will covet mostly every college player according to Fish! On another note I really like this guy but I’ve liked so many other players to fall to Cowboys and then I get my feelings hurt lol. So I’ll just let the flow of the draft and be watching how it unfolds it’ll be a long 9 picks before our spot lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
look most likely the DC will come away with 2 of the 6 players most mentioned on defense the first 2 rounds..

Parsons
Horn
Surtain
Farley
Barmore
one of the safetys ie Moerig or ?

i believe as fan, id be happy getting any two of those players the first 2 rounds..

Aven8

Reaction score
Everybody is on record saying this

Broaddus
Fish
Slater

I'd be surprised if Dallas doesn't land either Z. Collins or Moehrig

Somehow come away with both of those players with the first two picks consider the draft a success!